PDA

View Full Version : Loose screws....

Proctorw
07-09-2014, 10:26 AM
I have always known I had a couple of loose screws, but now I have proof ;).. I went to carve and noticed the sliding guide plate was loose. Upon further inspection, both screws are now gone. Looked through the machine and have not been able to find them. Does anyone know the size of the 2 screws? Thanks!

chief2007
07-09-2014, 10:35 AM
if you look at the picture one of the screws is resting by the release tab. You can use that one to get a some at the hardware store.

But the the screw is a Machine Screw - Truss Head, M5 x 8mm Long

fwharris
07-09-2014, 10:42 AM
Item 26 http://store.carvewright.com/home.php?cat=383

scootertrash
07-09-2014, 01:05 PM
if you look at the picture one of the screws is resting by the release tab. You can use that one to get a some at the hardware store.

But the the screw is a Machine Screw - Truss Head, M5 x 8mm Long

Now THAT'S hilarious. Poor guy can't find 'em and there's one right there in the posted picture.

/Surprised I haven't done that

Proctorw
07-09-2014, 01:37 PM
Thanks Scooter. You know my mind was really there, was in a hurry as I had to get on a phone call for work and just thought..Wow what a weird place for a screw. Never did find the other one. I have always said we should have a running thread titled "Look what I did" about all of the dumb things we have done so others could learn from our mistakes. One last serious question, back form Home Depot and I have the screws. Loctite needed? Or just check every once in a while...

CNC Carver
07-09-2014, 02:36 PM
I would use small amount of blue loctite.