PDA

View Full Version : Restart

texasinmi
07-04-2014, 09:29 AM
With my B machine I will be carving merrily along and get some error, like y stall. I trouble shoot, clear it and want to restart the carve at the spot it stopped. On the keyboard the only option I am given is "STOP". Once stopped, is there a way to restart at the same point where it threw the error or is it only restart from the begenning.

Another time where it would be nice to restart is where I have a design that has multiple parts, where the machine like stops of 5 seconds then restarts with the next section of the design. I would be nice to be able to go to any section to debug the design for just that area.

Thanks,

texasinmi

blhutchens
07-04-2014, 03:20 PM
You have to turn the machine off, take the card out
go modify the mpc with a carve region with a depth of 0.00 over the portion of the project that is already carved
save the mpc with a different name and save to the flash card
then go back to the machine and run the new project.

It is not exact (but I usually just eyeball it, I suppose u could measure) but you can get pretty close and not have to scrap a carve.

Digitalwoodshop
07-04-2014, 03:38 PM
Posted above is the answer you are looking for.... But I wanted to talk about the Y Stall... Do you know why it stalled? Dull Bit, Bad Y Gearbox, Frozen Y Bearing or dirty Y Rails???

You will need to investigate soon as likely you will have a offset Y Cut... Where in the middle of the project the Y will offset slightly and continue carving making nice firewood... Also the Y Encoder can get sawdust in it...

AL