PDA

View Full Version : Drive shaft too short

texasinmi
07-04-2014, 09:22 AM
I have a B machine. I was just inspecting parts as a part of maintenance. I took the drive shaft out and it was fine. On putting it back it now looks like it is too short. It just barely gets out of the sheeth.

Knowing these don't shrink, is there some sort of spacer or something on the motor end of the shaft that could have fallen out?

texasinmi

henry1
07-04-2014, 09:44 AM
I have a B machine. I was just inspecting parts as a part of maintenance. I took the drive shaft out and it was fine. On putting it back it now looks like it is too short. It just barely gets out of the sheeth.

Knowing these don't shrink, is there some sort of spacer or something on the motor end of the shaft that could have fallen out?

texasinmi
Your end on the shaft came unglued could be your end on the motor end or the other end that goes in the Z end

texasinmi
07-04-2014, 10:41 AM
Ever since I had my machine, each end of the drive shaft looks the same, a square. Is there supposed to be something glued to one end?

texasinmi

Digitalwoodshop
07-04-2014, 01:00 PM
Think of it as a hose glued into a fitting that twists into the motor.... The Hose can come un glued and start to slide out making the hose longer and the shaft core shorter....

AL