PDA

View Full Version : Ripped DC bag

unitedcases
06-28-2014, 07:48 PM
Emptied my DC tonight and somehow managed to rip the bottom. Anyone know of how to get one fast without going thru grizzly. It's the 2 hp model, G1029Z2P.

SteveNelson46
06-28-2014, 08:22 PM
Emptied my DC tonight and somehow managed to rip the bottom. Anyone know of how to get one fast without going thru grizzly. It's the 2 hp model, G1029Z2P.

I used Gorilla tape on my plastic bag. It worked so well I just left the bag with the tape on it for several successive bag emptying. Just have to make sure the bag is VERY clean and dry before applying the tape.

Digitalwoodshop
06-28-2014, 08:28 PM
I was thinking TOP Bag.... Bottom One... They make a Skirt that attaches to a metal trash can..... Look here....

http://www.pennstateind.com/store/filtration.html

Good Luck,

AL

unitedcases
06-28-2014, 08:58 PM
I have some 3 inch green military duct tape. And some splined shipping tape. I think I will give that combo a go. Probably seal with the duct tape then wrap around once with the spline tape. Then of course order 2 new bags or this trash can skirt if I can find it.

TerryT
06-28-2014, 10:15 PM
Wood Craft has them

unitedcases
06-29-2014, 01:10 AM
I was looking for something quick, like running to sears and back up and running. The duct tape worked. The stuff is so sticky I could barely get it off the roll. Plus I ordered a 10 pack of bags and pleated filter setup for the top. I put that off too long. Do you guys reuse the bags usually or just throw them away as they get full?

Deolman
06-29-2014, 01:39 AM
Go to an RV store and get some awning repair tape. It is clear, ~3" Wide, thick and sticky. Clean both sides and put a patch on each side.

http://www.campingworld.com/search/index.cfm?Ntt=awning+repair&N=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=primary&Nty=1&Ntpc=1

rickroy
03-04-2015, 08:18 AM
I use contractor's bags. They are cheap and strong. One use, no repairs. They are opaque, not clear, but you can feel when they are full enough to change. TIP, use spring clamps to hold the bag and strap when installing new bags. It sure makes it easy. Also, I installed a custom American Fabric Filter bag on rop and the results were incredible. My 2 hp collector now gets the really fine dust and has a tremendously improved air flow.

Mugsowner
03-04-2015, 07:09 PM
I used the dust collected around the yard and gardens. Must watch where and what you use as some are herbicides. I reuse as long as I can by taping holes as they come along. I figure it helps keep it out of the landfill a bit longer

lawrence
03-05-2015, 10:10 AM
I saw a similar thing happen to a buddy's dc bag and a combination of gorilla tape, hot glue and a little stitching with some thread along the edges made for a good fix.

The tear was fairly frayed in the middle and was about 6 inches long. We covered the inside of the cut from the inside with gorilla tape- it did not stick all that well so we spread some hot glue onto the edges and then covered the outside of the bag over the tape/gule with another matching piece of tape. He then put a couple of stitches into each corner on the tape "just in case". It held well.

I hope this helps,

Lawrence

CNC Carver
03-05-2015, 01:35 PM
Glad to see the GREAT Lawrence still watching us!
Jeff

I saw a similar thing happen to a buddy's dc bag and a combination of gorilla tape, hot glue and a little stitching with some thread along the edges made for a good fix.

The tear was fairly frayed in the middle and was about 6 inches long. We covered the inside of the cut from the inside with gorilla tape- it did not stick all that well so we spread some hot glue onto the edges and then covered the outside of the bag over the tape/gule with another matching piece of tape. He then put a couple of stitches into each corner on the tape "just in case". It held well.

I hope this helps,

Lawrence

Iron Mike
03-05-2015, 04:13 PM
I've never had a tear in my plastic DC bag but every so often there will be a small puncture that shows up. Have had very good results with minimal work with 'liquid electrical tape', usually in a small container much like the common 'contact cement' that has a brush attached to the lid. Just wipe the dust off the outside and dab on a coat or two and you're good to go.

Would work well if used like we used to patch bike inner tubes.