PDA

View Full Version : Why did this happen?

gwizpro
06-14-2014, 12:38 PM
Hi,
Any ideas why this happened??
"The error was "possible board removal", which is obvious cause the board ran out the end of the machine.

C Machine.
This .mpc has run before with out problems.
Card was formatted before .mpc was uploaded.

Thanks
Tom70041

fwharris
06-14-2014, 01:12 PM
The board lost contact with the brass roller.

henry1
06-14-2014, 01:13 PM
Check back roller if not stuck or do check sensors

DocWheeler
06-14-2014, 01:14 PM
It appears to me that the board moved away from the squaring plate.
If it moved far enough to come off the brass roller, it was confused.

gwizpro
06-14-2014, 01:30 PM
Doc,

I think that was it, I never positioned the squaring plate near the board, it was 2 " away.
Will try to carve again in the am.
Thanks Doc...

bergerud
06-14-2014, 02:14 PM
The end of the board looks suspiciously like 3.5" from where the carve screwed up. Hum. Could the board have lifted off the brass roller when the end came out from under the back roller? Vibration or close belt then could have made the brass roller roll and out the board goes. Check brass roller height and damper underneath if it seems low.

Chip
06-15-2014, 03:39 PM
Tom,
To change the subject for a minute if that is allowed on the forum, I am looking at the flourish in the bottom right corner of the carve and want to know just how the heck you get rid of the "fuzzies". I am fairly new to this and still working a full schedule and don't have but a few hours after chores on the weekend to do a carve and so far the fuzzies are tearing me up and I wind up scrapping the carve out of frustation. I have searched the forum for months and have read dozens and dozens of threads about cleaning up the fuzzies but right now I can't afford to try every method. I have only tried carving poplar and select pine but the fuzzies are out of control. Your input or anyone elses input would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Chip

SteveNelson46
06-15-2014, 04:07 PM
Chip

A sharp bit and carving on "Best" or "Optimal" when uploading to the card will help. I use a sanding mop (available from LHR) and a Roto-Zip with small sanding disks.

FWMiller
06-15-2014, 04:17 PM
3M radial bristle discs do a great job with the fuzzies using a dremel. A search on the forum will find many other posts on this topic.

SteveNelson46
06-15-2014, 04:18 PM
3M radial bristle discs do a great job with the fuzzies using a dremel. A search on the forum will find many other posts on this topic.

That's what I meant. I just couldn't remember the name of them. A senior moment I guess.

gwizpro
06-15-2014, 08:41 PM
CHip , the carve was at the BEst setting, then I use a 6" mounted sanding mop, not all the fuzzies go away, ,but after staining and the appling a lacquer finish, you can hardly tell.
The wood I used is Poplar.

OH, and by the way, DocWheeler, I did another crave today and used the squaring plate like you are supposed to.
The sign carved perfectly.

I did notice however the the board at about halfway thru did shift a little from the left side of the plate by the tracking roller .

Is there a way to check tracking on the belts. , got a hunch they may be off a bit....

Thanks
Tom

DocWheeler
06-16-2014, 09:49 AM
Tom,

The squaring plate itself has some adjustment if you need to shift it a little.
Head pressure can affect the board moving in the Y direction.
Next time you have the machine apart, take the sandpaper belts off and
turn them end-for-end if you mainly do carves on narrow boards.