PDA

View Full Version : Carving Order

mwunderlin
06-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I would like to know if there is way to set the carving order of items to be carved? For example, I need a hole drilled then cut a circle around the drilled hole. So, I would need the hole drilled first and then cut the circle around the drilled hole.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

SteveNelson46
06-11-2014, 10:56 AM
I would like to know if there is way to set the carving order of items to be carved? For example, I need a hole drilled then cut a circle around the drilled hole. So, I would need the hole drilled first and then cut the circle around the drilled hole.

Thanks for any help you could provide.

Michael Tyler explained it in a previous post. Click on the link and scroll to post #8

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?6699-Carve-list-carve-order&highlight=Carving+Order

mwunderlin
06-11-2014, 11:34 AM
The carving order states "Machine procedure usually follows this order: raster carvings, vector carvings, drill holes, cut-outs, then edge rout." but when I built the drill and cut-out the machine started with the cut-out first which messed up the carving. Also, I can not get tabs added, the icon is grayed out, any ideas?

SteveNelson46
06-11-2014, 11:49 AM
Are you using the cut path tool (Tools, Cut Path) or assigning a cutting bit to full depth? With the cut path tool the tabs are automatically inserted but, not shown on the screen. Also, the cut path tool compensates for the radius of the bit and is always last in the cutting order.

DickB
06-11-2014, 12:00 PM
Post your mpc please.

mwunderlin
06-11-2014, 12:18 PM
No, I was not making the design using the Cut Path tool but I tried it and it added the tabs. I will try carving this design and see how it works. Hopefully it will drill the hole first!

Thank you for your help.