PDA

View Full Version : My first litho

astrouse
06-11-2014, 10:37 AM
This is my first attempt at a litho. It's a picture of my family in the early 1960's. I used a 25 watt LED in the box. Next time I'll have to find a way to eliminate the shadow at the bottom of the box. Maybe the Christmas tree lights or rope light is a better idea.

I'm quite happy with it and it's amazing the number of people that are thoroughly impressed with it.

Thanks to everybody that has posted information about litho's... they are quite cool.

SteveNelson46
06-11-2014, 11:04 AM
From the pics it looks as though it turned out pretty good. Nice frame too. What did you use for carving material?

astrouse
06-11-2014, 11:41 AM
From the pics it looks as though it turned out pretty good. Nice frame too. What did you use for carving material?

I used HDPE Polyethlene. I purchased some scraps from Alro (quite inexpensive). It carved very nicely.

DickB
06-11-2014, 12:49 PM
Very nice. I was wondering how the machine would do with HDPE.

zan29
06-16-2014, 05:38 AM
Did you use some type of light diffuser? That's what I did with mine and there's no shadow what so ever!

This is my first attempt at a litho. It's a picture of my family in the early 1960's. I used a 25 watt LED in the box. Next time I'll have to find a way to eliminate the shadow at the bottom of the box. Maybe the Christmas tree lights or rope light is a better idea.

I'm quite happy with it and it's amazing the number of people that are thoroughly impressed with it.

Thanks to everybody that has posted information about litho's... they are quite cool.

mtylerfl
06-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Your lithophane looks great! Are you coming to the CW Conference next week? I will be presenting a brand new technique for CarveWright owners to create very unique lithos!

cjudas
06-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Did you use the settings in the "Tips and tricks" or something else. I want to try the lithos but haven't had time. Very nice work.

James RS
06-20-2014, 09:31 AM
As far as the lighting, I recently bought a led strip pack at walmart in the automotive section and got a walwart from radioshack.