PDA

View Full Version : cut path problem

myshop1044
06-10-2014, 01:35 PM
I just had a cut path set to .5 in on and 1" sled and the cut path went thru both
the sled and the project. It did not ask if I wanted to cut thru the project or the board.
I have used that sled many times with a 1/2 project in it and never seen this.
check out the attachments. the flash card shows .500 depth on the project.
any help would be great. learn something new every day.

FWMiller
06-10-2014, 02:36 PM
When measuring the thickness did the machine ask you if you wanted to use the project thickness? I don't recall what the prompts are exactly but if you selected the option to use measured thickness it would cut through both.

Digitalwoodshop
06-10-2014, 03:20 PM
This is CSI after the fact... I make a habbit of watching the bit touch like a hawk... I caught a few that did not touch properly...

No way of knowing after the fact.... Makes me wish the machne had a Crash Recorder....

AL

myshop1044
06-11-2014, 08:27 AM
After reading your comments, when back and gave some thought to the process. I had just completed another project with a sled and every thing went
fine. The difference was, I used a different sled, not as wide, and as the bit was touching down on the wood, I notice the guide bar was not set close to the sled.
I then raised the lid and stop the process and adjusted the guide bar. This may have interrupted the process and cause the machine to loose the depth reading.
After the bit touched the bit plate and came back over to the edge of the sled, I notice it went down very deep, but since it did not ask the question about the thickness of the project or the board, I did not give a second thought.
So I guess the cause was as usual "the operator" .
I will keep my eye on the process next time.
Thanks for the input.
Perry B.