PDA

View Full Version : insert bits

nbeaver
02-25-2007, 09:05 AM
I just got the approval from the wife to purchase my unit and the sears store only had a open box. The board sensor has been replaced and know this because the old one was in the box. I had the z axis error got that fixed by plugging in the ribbon that I read about on the forums. Then I got the Y axis error and fixed that with the new firm ware upgrade now the machine appears to run fine and says it is starting cut motor but it just goes to insert bit. I pull the bit out and replace it and the machine goes through the motions and tells me to load bit. Is there something I can try because I feel someone has to have had the same problem and might be able to give me some pointers. I am so ready to get this thing up and running plus I picked it up for only 1400 out the door. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Nick

Skyhawk
02-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Does the cut motor start after inserting the bit? Or does it just display "Starting Cut Motor" in the LCD display?

My guess would be a loosed connector...After removing the cover I would pull out each connector, and re-insert it back into the socket. Add a little silicon (or use a hot glue gun) on the outside of the connector to help hold it in place.

nbeaver
02-25-2007, 09:53 AM
It just displays starting cut motor. I will try all the connectors I will pick up some silicone today. If anyone can think of something else to try let me know if they don't work I will be on the phone tommorow.

Thanks Nick

Cliff
02-25-2007, 11:04 AM
Does the cutting head move to the right to measure the bit installed? Or is it the second cutting bit question that pops up on the screen just needing to hit 'enter' to verify bit has been installed.

Cliff

nbeaver
02-25-2007, 03:24 PM
Okay found the problem with that now it runs through all the measuring and once the bit touches the board it gives me the Z-axis stall error 246. I have checked all the connections and all appear to be fine but just not sure.

Nick

stoneandtimber
04-30-2008, 11:12 PM
Did you ever resolve the issue about "insert bit" when a bit was already installed? I have the same error messages.

LMK