PDA

View Full Version : amazon prime

dltccf
06-09-2014, 02:09 PM
If you have Amazon prime then I recommend ordering your replacement carving bits from there. I just ordered a carving bit and it was $35 and with Prime you get no cost two day shipping and it arrived the very next day after I ordered.

dave

Canemaker
06-09-2014, 02:51 PM
But don't you pay a premium for Amazon Prime?

FWMiller
06-09-2014, 03:30 PM
Prime does cost $99 a year. Up from $89 but we'll worth it if you buy a lot on line. And can stomach the companies somewhat bullying Microsoft like behavior... I love being able too get stuff in two days without leaving the house to shop or paying extra for shipping.

Smoken D
06-09-2014, 06:23 PM
We live out in the country and having prime is a + for us. :D

rickyz
06-11-2014, 02:11 PM
I wish I ordered more stuff from amazon to make the prime worth while....home depot also sells some carvewright stuff...free shipping if you order online and pick-up in store...I usually get mine from cw parts....downside to depot is the time frame can't compete with amazon prime...

dbfletcher
06-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Amazon prime paid for itself with me in the first month. I would say in a typical week, I get an amazon delivery at least 4 out of the 7 days. I have also started to use there subscription based services on things I regularly buy... that's kinda of a nice feature as well. Just for the fun of it, I just check my amazon account... I have placed 127 order in 2014... and many of them where 5-6 item orders so I guess I order way too much stuff!

SteveEJ
06-11-2014, 02:53 PM
I use Prime all the time. It is worth it for me and my family.

zan29
06-11-2014, 04:18 PM
May I ask which bit you ordered?

If you have Amazon prime then I recommend ordering your replacement carving bits from there. I just ordered a carving bit and it was $35 and with Prime you get no cost two day shipping and it arrived the very next day after I ordered.

dave

dltccf
06-12-2014, 11:18 AM
May I ask which bit you ordered? Yes, of course you may ask. It was the 1/16th carving bit.

dave

karossii
08-13-2014, 04:30 PM
I know this is an old thread, but I just saw it. I have had Prime for years, and they have a ton of extra features a lot of people don't realize; not just the free 2-day shipping. There are certain items/prices only prime members can see (and we don't always know that when we see them!), they have a library of on-demand movies and tv shows you can watch for free, as well as e-books and music you can read or listen to for free. They even deliver groceries within the 48 states. And the biggest thing most people don't realize - you can share your prime account with up to 4 people!

DickB
08-13-2014, 08:26 PM
Looks like the bits can ship free even without Prime.