PDA

View Full Version : Sweeper/ Bearing Sweeper

Woodpecker
02-25-2007, 06:30 AM
Ok, it is not clear to me if the bearing sweeper should be removed and left off of the bearings or if it is to be filed down then replaced. You say "Once you have removed the sweeper retry the project. If the project now runs please modify the sweeper as shown in the next slide or contact us to have one sent to you. Do not run the machine with the sweeper in place for an extended period of time" The original manual makes no reference to removing these sweepers. Which is it? take them out, file them and put them back? Order new ones put them in place on the machine, or order new ones and put them in the tool box? I really will like to get this thing up and running, I am sure it is a wonderful addition to any shop. I am even willing to go through this aggravation to help this product take off. I am using over sized board to make sure of the Y truck and Z truck don't have difficultu with Axis variations.
Special Thanks! The Old Woodpecker.

Jeff_Birt
02-25-2007, 09:03 AM
modify the sweeper and reinstall...

terry
02-25-2007, 09:07 AM
I understood it to mean not to run the machine without the sweeper in place for an extended period of time. I took mine out, filed it, replaced it and it's been fine (or will be when I get a new memory card). It did work fine once filed.

Bill
02-25-2007, 09:16 AM
Hello terry,

I believe you read and understood it correctly (not to run the machine without the sweeper in place for an extended period of time)
Just to try it without the sweeper and if it works without then make the modification and put it back on. Eater way the sweeper needs to be put back on,

Bill.