PDA

View Full Version : Scan Won't Download

jackh
06-08-2014, 03:21 PM
I scanned with the probe a portion of a CarveWright Pattern Store pattern that I had bought and carved. This is the first time I have used the probe and it was easy and convenient to use this pattern as a test case. It scanned fine and I verified that the scanned pattern is on the memory card using the flash manager. When I click "download scan" a window entitled "Download Scanned Pattern" appears. At the bottom I click "Download Scan". The Pattern Editor comes up and nothing more happens.

Anyone have any thoughts, and HELP?
Thank you
Jack

bergerud
06-08-2014, 03:36 PM
Have you tried "download scan" from the file menu in PE? (It has been awhile since I scanned and I cannot remember how it goes.)

edzbaker
06-08-2014, 03:38 PM
It's been a while since I scanned anything, but if my memory is intact, once the Download Scan box opens, you select the scan from the list. (It should be listed in the box)
Then click Download Scan. It takes a few minutes. Then it should show up in the editor. Watch the Red light on the programmer to see if it comes on, indicating it is being accessed.

Ed

jackh
06-08-2014, 04:05 PM
Yes, bergerud, I did in PE and I get the same result, nothing.

Ed, when I select download scan in Designer the red light does come on and I get some text about checking things like firmware. But when I click "download scan" in the download scan box the red light does not come on and nothing happens.

gashawk
06-08-2014, 05:24 PM
Does the red light on the card reader blink? if so give it some time.

cestout
06-08-2014, 05:55 PM
When the list of files on the card shows up , make sure that your select and highlight the file from the list that you want to download. Then click download scan. The selection is not automatic because you might have several scanned files ant the program needs to know which one.
Clint

jackh
06-09-2014, 07:50 AM
I subsequently scanned a carving one of my carving club members carved and that scanned and came up in PE just like it is supposed too. I wonder if there is something about scanning a Pattern Store pattern?

TerryT
06-09-2014, 08:19 AM
I wonder if there is something about scanning a Pattern Store pattern?

May be more likely a memory issue. How large is the scan that won't open?

jackh
06-10-2014, 08:19 AM
It is 123K