PDA

View Full Version : noobie help

Ron
02-25-2007, 06:21 AM
I have a delema(sp)
does anyone no if this can be carved Ive set it up and it looks horrible in the program but i've seen what you guys can do all I want is hte trans am in front not the other partially pictured car.Maybe it isnt possible?

BobHill
02-25-2007, 08:13 AM
Sure your car can be captured for carving, however, not very well from the photo you included, as it's going to pixelate badly when enlarging to make a decent PTN file of. It also should be taken into a vector program for the best grayscale options to make the right curves for carving. But yes it can be done and without the second partial car, of course.

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Ron
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
thank you very much BobI gonna mess with it a little.Thanx again

BobHill
02-25-2007, 06:21 PM
If you can use something like PhotoShop or PhotoShop Elements, you can isolate your car from the rest of the photo, then change from RGB to Grayscale mode, make the background transparent and save it as a JPEG. Import that into Designer and it'll automatically change it into a PTN and you can save it in Favorites which then can be brought into a Designer project. If you need to change the shading to get the carving "right", then take open the file you made in PhotoShop (JPEG) and make your gradient changes as needed. Be sure to show us your results.

Bob

Ron
02-25-2007, 06:30 PM
guess i beter get a photoshop or equivulant (sp)
thanks Bob

BobHill
02-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Check out Adobe PhotoShop Elements at your local computer software house, Ron. For our purposes, it's got eveything that the full PhotoShop can do for use on the CarveWright. Of course for a real way to work the car, I'd suggest also having either CorelDraw or Xara Xtreme as both could do it true justice for carving.

Bob