PDA

View Full Version : DOA Out of Box

ckballinger
02-25-2007, 12:28 AM
Bought a Sears unit on the 22nd, loaded the software, downloaded the update from CarveWrigth web site, went through the tutorial for two days and practiced, got brave and set up a test project, loaded the card and then went out to the shop and took the unit out of the box and finished the setup only to discover that the unit won't power up.
Anyone else have this kind of problem? The unit doesn't nothing, no motor noise, nothing. Turning the contrast knob does change the intensity of the display but no message displays, nada, zip.....

Unit is packed and heading back to Sears tomorrow and it will take 7 days to get another one, hope the second one doesn't arrive DOA as well. Unit looks great and I have high hopes it will meet my humble needs for small projects and craft uses.

Any idea what the release level on the inside right of machine is for (it is not mentioned in the manual) and what the external DB15 plug on the back are for?

Thanks

A real Newbie

Chuck

menewfy
02-25-2007, 12:48 AM
the release lever is so the machine can find the tip of the bit you will see when you get the new one

the port you speak of is for nothing at the moment but who knows what the furtre holds

good luck with the new one btw did you check the outlet with a radio or something?

Jon Jantz
02-25-2007, 05:57 AM
Being an instruction skimming kinda guy, mine did the same thing... wouldn't power up, no lcd... nada. That was before I realized that the memory card has to be inserted for anything to happen...

Worked fine after I figured that out... almost half-way through my warranty now with no problems...... almost starting to wish the thing would go ahead and break so I'm not sitting on pins and needles all the time.. LOL.

***oops, that was a joke, knock on wood***

ckballinger
03-13-2007, 03:29 PM
Second unit arrived and powered up just fine. Loaded test project and it actually ran.
Only problem now is the front cover seems to have a slight problem with the micro switches, it keeps displaying that cover is open, close cover and press ENTER. I really don't want to send this one back so I'm going to see if I can adjust the switch myself, it can't be that difficult.

Works great so far.....knock on REAL wood......

Chuck

Jeff_Birt
03-13-2007, 04:58 PM
Chuck,

The screws hlding hte microswitches can come loose as well as the the plug from the cover harness to circuit board can come loose. Might want to check those as well.