PDA

View Full Version : Desparately In Need of Help - Err E396-0269

ridgecrest
05-31-2014, 05:34 PM
I need to complete a carve today and my machine keeps raising "Undefined Error Err E396-0269" when measuring my piece. I am using a sled which is 21"x14". I have used this 3/4" MDF sled many times to carve my 14"x14"x3/4" cherry board. When I search for this error, nothing is returned.

I placed masking tape along the edges of the sled and have vacuumed the machine a couple of times but no luck in getting the machine to pass the measuring portion of the setup. Also, when the board is moving through the machine and approaches one of the edges, the sound gets really high pitched as it tries to find the end of the sled but it has been doing that as long as I have had the machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Reid

fwharris
05-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Does it only do this with your sled and not a standard board?

Is there any other information with the error? X/Y/Z?

Digitalwoodshop
05-31-2014, 07:53 PM
Did you change the size of the Designer Board from when the projects worked on the sled... Could be a miss match of size of the sled and the machine is saying "TILT".... Are you saying to stay under rollers and don't have enough sled...

IS the Edge of the Sled in Length EVEN at the center of the sled in Y where the Board Detector looks? As in when the rails or sled comes out from the edge of the rollers the machine expects to see the board edge at a proper point... Could the rails be too long.... or gap at the board sensor read?

Go back and read tips and tricks on sleds.... You might have missed a setup now and that is why it is not working...

AL

bergerud
05-31-2014, 09:00 PM
Have you reformatted the card and reflashed the firmware? Unknown error could be corrupt firmware.

ridgecrest
05-31-2014, 09:07 PM
FWHarris, it did not give any other message. However, I vacuumed again, re-taped the sled and tried again. Now I get "undefined error E54-0269".

Al, I used this same sled earlier in the day and there was no problem measuring the sled. The sled is true in that the corners are 90 degrees and are not chipped or dented. I will go and inspect the sled again.

Thanks for responding. Any other thoughts?
Reid

ladjr
05-31-2014, 09:38 PM
It may sound dumb, but go into options and measure the board. First to see if it will. and if it does then run carve.

I have done this several times, and it worked.

unitedcases
05-31-2014, 09:51 PM
I have had that happen with board pressure. Believe it or not. I think that if it's cranked down too far it doesn't measure well. My vote is for head pressure.

Digitalwoodshop
06-01-2014, 11:04 AM
Vacuum Cleaners KILL Machines.... The sawdust flowing throught the plastic hose makes high voltage static electricity... You may have killed your machine....

Reformat Card like above... then let us know... What it does step by step.... Do a sensor check too... let us know.

AL

ridgecrest
06-01-2014, 10:46 PM
This afternoon, I performed a sensor check. I used a white sheet of printer paper for the test. I noticed that in the middle of the machine the reading was acceptable but as I moved the head towards the keypad side of the machine the numbers dropped quickly. At the very edge of the paper near the keypad the reading was in the low 50s.

The machine sits in my garage that has 2 ceiling light sources and the ambient light coming through garage windows. To provide additional lighting, I have a 75w clip on work light directly above the machine. I repositioned the clip on light to shine more towards the keypad side of the machine and the numbers jump to an acceptable level. I placed the board back in the machine and reran the sensor test and the readings were acceptable across the entire board. I started the carve and it went through all its measurements without raising an error. However, it still made the weird high pitch noise as it has always done when measuring the board. I was then able to successfully complete the carve.

Thanks everyone for responding to my cry for help. Sorry for taking so long to respond but once the carve succeeded, I needed to work on completing it tonight so that it can put in the mail tomorrow. Again, many thanks!.

Reid

bergerud
06-02-2014, 09:33 AM
In my experience, the board sensor is not very sensitive to light from an incandescent bulb. It is sensitive to infrared. I can only get a normal light to help the reading by a point or few. I think you may have a problem with your FFC ribbon wire. Drastic changes in readings caused only by a change only in position makes me suspect the ribbon wire. Take a close look at it and its connection to the circuit board on the carriage.

cnsranch
06-02-2014, 10:17 AM
Make sure that the ribbon cable isn't pinched....

Digitalwoodshop
06-02-2014, 10:41 AM
I would order a Board Sensor too.... Wondering if you have a QC and a worn QC has vibrated the LED's LOOSE in the Board Sensor.

AL

unitedcases
06-02-2014, 11:40 AM
As Al pointed out many times take a look at the board sensor cable as well. I did a simple pm on one of my machines a week or so ago and somehow pinched the wire at the top. The second the carriage went to slide over it pinched it and it grounded itself out.

ridgecrest
06-02-2014, 09:43 PM
I will check the wire tomorrow and report back. I did replace the sensor this past October.

Reid