PDA

View Full Version : This forum ROCKS!!!!

ruggybear
05-20-2014, 02:09 PM
Recently I was having issues with the machine and searched the forum for fixes. I had done this in the past but never for this kind of information. My machine is one of the old timer (model A). I have had it for 8 years and it has about 900 hours on it. I have had to do repairs in the past. It sure helps if you are not afraid to head into some dis-assembly and rebuilding and have a sense of what you are experiencing so you can mentally think a solution through.

So in the past month I have really taken the thing apart. Replaced all bearings for the Y and Z truck. I had done this before so it wasn't a big deal. Replace the Y belt. Also had done this before. But along with belt I also replaced the large gear in the Y motor gear train along with the bearings. I thought I was done. But as I was installing everything I noticed the the pulley on the Y-belt tensinoner assembly was wobbly. So ordered a bunch of additional parts as well the tesinoner assy and replaced it as well as the spring for it and the lock down screw. The lock down screw is supposed to be 14mm long. Mine was the original which was shorter (about 8mm) and it wouldn't old with the added star washer.

So now I had everything back together and setup to do a test carve. However, the thing decided it didn't want to find the edge of the board or had a clear board sensor error. So I tested the board sensor with the white paper test and all was good. But is still had issues. So I changed out the FFC cable (I had a spare) per recommendation from the forum. However it still wouldn't work. So I used my thought process on how the board sensor signal travel inside the machine. Obviously it was an intermittent issue. So I decided to tear the machine down again (I was getting good at this) and replaced the board sensor cable that runs up the back of the Z truck. Put the machine back together and all better now.

If had not been for this forum, its search capability and those the have been there before me with all of the good information and trouble shooting tips I would have spent hours on the phone with tech support, had many orders for parts and been very frustrated. It also helps that I am not afraid to tear into as well a trying to think things out as I go along.

Back up and running again.

Ken Rugaber

An A Machine
Rock Chuck
Ringneck Dust Collector:-P

fwharris
05-20-2014, 02:55 PM
Ken,

Great to see that you are back up and running! Great job of using all of the tips and information here to troubleshoot your issues.