PDA

View Full Version : Break Tool bug

DickB
05-19-2014, 05:59 PM
I'm trying to break this gear tooth vector into parts so that I can place "tabs" at the tips of a few of the teeth. Admittedly this is a complex vector. When I use the Break Tool, the vector gets broken at a spot remote from where I placed the cursor. I have not been able to compensate very well, as the location of the break relative to the cursor seems to change. Also, at times one of the broken vector endpoints will jump to a remote place, usually x or y zero. When I try to remove the relocated endpoint with the RemoveVertex tool, the whole vector jumps out of place.

The 1.187 mpc is posted so you can try yourself. Same issue with Designer 2.

bergerud
05-19-2014, 06:17 PM
I have noticed the same problem with other features which require selecting a segment from a chain of segments. I have reported it a few times. It seems to me like the mouse click event and the curve parameters somehow get offset. Many times I try to change a line segment into an arc and a neighboring segment gets the change instead.

SteveNelson46
05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
I have noticed the same problem with other features which require selecting a segment from a chain of segments. I have reported it a few times. It seems to me like the mouse click event and the curve parameters somehow get offset. Many times I try to change a line segment into an arc and a neighboring segment gets the change instead.

I used DickB's example to make a short video (no sound) of strange results when trying to convert a line segment to an arc in 2.007. It actually converts a line that is several segments away. This has been a "feature" since 2.0 was released and several users have reported it, including me.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B0jR3LNRxqJeV1VTQ0QzNjM0R0U&usp=sharing