PDA

View Full Version : Can I take a section off a puffed area

nickels76
05-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to cut a design that has a partial picture of the earth on it and I was wondering if there was a way create the 3d effect of a partila globe on the picture?

I thought I might me able to take a circle and use the puff tool, but I can't figure out how to get a slice off the puffed circle. I've attached the design I am trying to carve. Any ideas?

Thanks

Todd

fwharris
05-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Try tracing out the outline of the globe and puffing that. You will probably have to merge the area.

bergerud
05-16-2014, 11:39 AM
You can cover up part of the puff with a 0 carve region. You can then even make a pattern out of it if you want to.

SteveNelson46
05-16-2014, 11:57 AM
Hi everyone,

I'm trying to cut a design that has a partial picture of the earth on it and I was wondering if there was a way create the 3d effect of a partila globe on the picture?

I thought I might me able to take a circle and use the puff tool, but I can't figure out how to get a slice off the puffed circle. I've attached the design I am trying to carve. Any ideas?

Thanks

Todd

The world isn't what we know it but, maybe you can use it.

tcough3475
05-16-2014, 01:52 PM
I just did something similar that might work for you. If your text band is going to be higher than the earth/center, you can make a puffed circle that is just lower than the text band. Make a cut path around the outside of the text band when finished. The rest of the globe will be hidden or omitted from your project.

Just my 2 cents.
Tracy

mtylerfl
05-17-2014, 07:20 PM
Hi everyone,

Thanks

Todd

Hi Todd. I believe the attached example might be your solution. An often missed feature is the Clip Carving function. The attached example is the puffed round shaped "Clipped Inclusive" in relation to the circle carve region area of what would be the logo round area. See Chapter 11, page 104 of the Software Manual. However, although the descriptions of the clip functions are correct, the icon graphic for Inclusive and Exclusive are reversed in the manual. (The clip icons within the software itself ARE correct.)

bergerud
05-17-2014, 07:56 PM
There is one I always forget. Good to remember. Simple solution.

Capt Bruce
05-17-2014, 09:47 PM
Right on the mark (er . . globe) Michael. Thanks for helping us all snap back to the basics in the software. I too tend to forget its powerful built in toolbelt.
Thanks,

Bruce

SteveNelson46
05-17-2014, 10:10 PM
I'm just glad it was Michael that came up with the simple solution. Now if it had been a newbee it would have made all of us who tried look bad. LOL