PDA

View Full Version : Oval rope pattern

myshop1044
05-12-2014, 07:07 PM
attached is a metal sign that I want to recreate in general, so I would like to find a oval rope pattern
if one exist. This project will be about 10 1/2" in height and what ever length that would go along with height
and keep the oval shape. If anyone happen to have a oval rope pattern they would like to share this would be great.
I have a sq. , rectangle, and corner rope patterns, just no oval.

Perry B.

Alan Malmstrom
05-12-2014, 10:00 PM
Doing a little practice with ropes and came up with this.

fwharris
05-12-2014, 10:09 PM
Nice one Alan! There are a few places in the low spots that have hole though.. Easy to correct in PE..

SteveNelson46
05-13-2014, 12:37 AM
attached is a metal sign that I want to recreate in general, so I would like to find a oval rope pattern
if one exist. This project will be about 10 1/2" in height and what ever length that would go along with height
and keep the oval shape. If anyone happen to have a oval rope pattern they would like to share this would be great.
I have a sq. , rectangle, and corner rope patterns, just no oval.

Perry B.

I just got back from a 2 week road trip and saw this post. The attached pattern is a rope oval that I had in my pattern repertoire. I resized it to 10.5 inches high and 21 inches wide but, since it is a pattern you can re-size it.

myshop1044
05-13-2014, 07:57 AM
Thanks fellows for the help on the patterns, I'm heading out to the shop to test carve my project in foam.

myshop1044
05-13-2014, 02:27 PM
This is newest version of the same pattern, but using the whole board
instead of the oval cut path.

CNC Carver
05-13-2014, 02:36 PM
Looks good. I like the whole board with jaged edge.

myshop1044
05-14-2014, 12:46 PM
hey look what I found, first Steve thanks for the pattern. I found 2 (looked like it was mirrored) marks
on each end of the project. I think it is connected to the rope ptn. I when back and looked at the project
and if you get very close you can see them on the outside of the rope ptn.
I noticed them when I started to cut the tabs on the oval of the board. It did not hurt the project, I just thought
I let you know, so you can look at your pattern.
see attached, I highlighted the flaws.

You never know what you are going to find.

Perry B.

SteveNelson46
05-14-2014, 01:23 PM
hey look what I found, first Steve thanks for the pattern. I found 2 (looked like it was mirrored) marks
on each end of the project. I think it is connected to the rope ptn. I when back and looked at the project
and if you get very close you can see them on the outside of the rope ptn.
I noticed them when I started to cut the tabs on the oval of the board. It did not hurt the project, I just thought
I let you know, so you can look at your pattern.
see attached, I highlighted the flaws.

You never know what you are going to find.

Perry B.

Attached is a magnified pic of the rope pattern in the pattern editor. I don't see any flaws anywhere. There is nothing mirrored in the pattern either. It must be a glitch in the program?

myshop1044
05-14-2014, 01:43 PM
You are correct, I just copied and pasted the rope onto a new project and nothing appeared.
Then I laid in a sand ptn for the texture and the feather showed up, I turned off the feather and it went away.
Thanks again.

Perry B.

SteveNelson46
05-14-2014, 02:01 PM
I was playing around with some of my rope patterns and I came up with this. What do you think? It's too big to upload to the forum. If you like it PM me with your email address.

scoobie_6
05-16-2014, 06:18 AM
hey where can i find a pattern of the board you used, i love it thanks

myshop1044
05-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Are you asking about this one? it has been passed around for some time now.