PDA

View Full Version : Advice regarding my new - free! - dust collector with ring neck insert

scootertrash
05-12-2014, 06:05 PM
I asked a buddy where to get an inexpensive DC and it turns out he just bought a new one and GAVE me a huge Fox 2Hp collector. Wooo!

I already know I'll have to plug it into another circuit in Scooter's Drive-In Pub, Motorcycle Repair, and Brewery. Luckily my clothes washer is in the garage so I'll use that circuit for the huge DC

I'm going to build a vortex particle separator, the DC has 30 micron bags, any other suggestions?

All I have to connect the Ringneck to the DC is crappy flexible dryer vent hose and assume that won't last very long. I'm looking to people with more experience with such things to get some pointers.

fwharris
05-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Don't you just love generous neighbors?? :D

First thing I would recommend to keep the dust down in your Scooter's Drive-In Pub, Motorcycle Repair, and Brewery would be a new cartridge filter http://wynnenv.com/woodworking-filters/ . It is rated at 0.5 microns.

I am also guessing your neighbor kept his DC hose so you should get what you need to hook up what tools you plan on connecting to your DC. Also get a few blast gates. WoodCraft and Rockler both have kits that have hoses, clamps and fittings.

If that crappy flexible dryer vent hose is the light weight foil type I would suggest getting the more rigid aluminum type hose.

scootertrash
05-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Yeah, got no hoses. And no complaints, buddy gave me a purt near $400 DC for free :)

Mo know the the crappy dryer hose won't last long but it's what I got for now

thabks for the input!

unitedcases
05-12-2014, 09:37 PM
I use the regular dryer hose and it works fine for me. I like the flexibility as I keep my machines all on wheels. I tuck them away when I am not using them. Which is never...

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/05/13/e3enu5eg.jpg

fwharris
05-12-2014, 09:46 PM
Yup ya don't kick that gift horse in the mouth! ;)

unitedcases
05-12-2014, 09:50 PM
Yup ya don't kick that gift horse in the mouth! ;)

Close to ordering another dust hood Floyd. When I set that other one up I reverted to the modified one I did myself. Sorry...off topic.

fwharris
05-12-2014, 10:02 PM
Close to ordering another dust hood Floyd. When I set that other one up I reverted to the modified one I did myself. Sorry...off topic.

Send me an email when your ready and we will get it set up... Thanks..

unitedcases
05-12-2014, 10:04 PM
Send me an email when your ready and we will get it set up... Thanks..

As soon as I recoup. From that last addition to the family...

scootertrash
05-13-2014, 05:47 PM
Yep, seems to work ok right now.

I need to build a cabinet to put the DC in with a filtered exhaust vent. It has a 30 micron bag on it, real filters aren't in the budget anytime soon. I think I can assemble one out of A/C duct or something similar and just build it around the cart the DC is on. Exhaust flow ought to cover cooling the motor and this will cut down on the noise a little.