PDA

View Full Version : new Probe

Rickrljones
02-24-2007, 09:02 AM
Just received my probe today, was inspecting it and noticed the the steel probe moves from side to side... Is this normal? The probe looks like it could have been used... See tool marks on the mono stereo plug... Was not even in plastic bag... For $300, I would expect a new one... Will see if the thing evens works... Thanks for any your reply...

BobHill
02-24-2007, 09:08 AM
Rick,

My probe came in a specific box made for it and was totally protected. I'd guess that someone put the wrong item in your order. Also there should be NO movement of the probe itself in the quick release holder. Did you check it's screws (and if loose, use Locktite to secure)?

Bob Hill
Tampa Florida

Rickrljones
02-24-2007, 09:23 AM
Thanks for the reply, what is moving on the probe is the needle it self, no screws except for the bottom plate...

BobHill
02-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Rick,

I just looked at my probe and it's hard to tell if the quick release is actually tight on the needle or the "working" probe device. You When you "move" the needle and look down from the top, do you see the center where the Quick Release attaches move? If the needle moves and that doesn't, then the quick release must attach to the device and not the needle. I've not taken mine apart and since it works just fine, I won't, but perhaps carefully removing the bottom plate might give you an idea of what's wrong. I'd wait for the Bard to perhaps give some direction on that, however. I'd still try to tighten the quick release machine screws though, just in case.

Bob

pkunk
02-24-2007, 09:54 AM
Just received my probe today, was inspecting it and noticed the the steel probe moves from side to side... Is this normal? The probe looks like it could have been used... See tool marks on the mono stereo plug... Was not even in plastic bag... For $300, I would expect a new one... Will see if the thing evens works... Thanks for any your reply...
That's the way mine is.

Rickrljones
02-24-2007, 09:58 AM
Bob,
Thanks for your advise... The quick disconnect is just fine, if you hold the probe with the needle pointing upward with the casement held firmly in place the needle move about 1/4" in all directions... Hope this is a more accurate detail of what i've got... Thanks again

Rickrljones
02-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Thanks Plunk, it's nice to know that, the software that came with the probe only has one file on the CD, the file is carvewright_1_115_release.ISO... Tried to install the file but my system only wants to burn it to a CD... To me, it's look like the File for the Designer software...

BobHill
02-24-2007, 10:11 AM
Rick,

The software IS the newer unlocked version of Designer. When you install it, the probe options are unlocked and thus gets put onto your Flash card and vice versa after a probe.

Bob

Rickrljones
02-24-2007, 10:24 AM
How would one go about installing the software that came with the probe, tried looking in designer for an import, not there, tried basic installation, no good, the file has an extenion of .ISO...

pkunk
02-24-2007, 10:59 AM
To clarify, the needle moves. The software on the CD is not needed. Registering the probe activates the existing Designer to recognise the probe.

Rickrljones
02-24-2007, 11:11 AM
To clarify, the needle moves. The software on the CD is not needed. Registering the probe activates the existing Designer to recognise the probe.

Thanks, thats all I needed to know... Probing we will go...

benluz
02-24-2007, 08:39 PM
Hello, yes mine moves in the manor you described, I think they may makeit that way to help prevent snags, maybe, but it works very well.The pistol grip I did on the highest res. took an hour to scan 10 minutes to carve ,I think it scanned over it 5 times at least comparing data before it compile the final image.
Thanks,
Ben

mtylerfl
02-24-2007, 09:18 PM
I think it scanned over it 5 times at least comparing data before it compile the final image.
Thanks,
Ben

Hello Ben,

Does your probe go over your object more than once? I scanned for the first time yesterday and noticed that my probe just scans the object once even on BEST setting.

Is there a mode you've found that repeatedly scans the object before it finishes the compiled image? Maybe you could clarify that for me.

Thanks.

Bmac
02-25-2007, 06:35 PM
.iso is the extension for a cd image file. Sounds like rather than burning the image to the cd, someone copied it.

benluz
02-25-2007, 06:42 PM
Hello , I received the same cd.Call cw and give the the serial number from the probe and they can activate it.The software for the probe is already on your system and will be functional when you type in your code that they will give you.
Ben

mmsgtpig
02-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Try http://www.magicdisc.net/setup_magicdisc. for any version 32 windows or http://www.magicdisc.net/setup_magicdisc74.exe for any version 64 windows.

Ted Grinnell
02-26-2007, 11:36 AM
The needle on the probe has to move from side to side, this tells the unit that it has to start moving up when side pressure is exerted on it.
Mine is the same as yours and have 50+ scans on it.

The neat thing about it is that while scanning, you do not rack up hours on machine for warranty.

benluz
02-26-2007, 05:50 PM
Hello Ben,

Does your probe go over your object more than once? I scanned for the first time yesterday and noticed that my probe just scans the object once even on BEST setting.

Is there a mode you've found that repeatedly scans the object before it finishes the compiled image? Maybe you could clarify that for me.

Thanks.

Well, I had on the best setting , it may have been what I was snanning ,it was a plastic colt pistol grip that had real fine checking to fine for the probe to duplicate, but it duplicated the rest of it peffect.That was the oonly thing I have scanned so far,my machine was down due to the dreaded z-motor issue,but soldered up the broken wires and got it back running now.
Thanks,
ben