PDA

View Full Version : Designer Drawing Messed Up on Openeing

bjwisdom
02-24-2007, 06:44 AM
I am working on a design and I'll get it to where it looks fine. However, after I save it and re-open, it is all screwed up (Repositioned on the screen & distorted).

HandTurnedMaple
02-24-2007, 06:54 AM
Is it distorting a pattern, or are you using the Designer drawing tools? The included drawing tools sometimes don't work so well. I originally did my Husker logo using them. Locked every angle and length as I went, and when I put my last line down it went haywire and I went from a N to something resembling an S and could never correct it.

bjwisdom
02-24-2007, 07:01 AM
I am using Designer, and I am also locking the angles. I have multiple objects on the board and some of them are getting very distorted.

HandTurnedMaple
02-24-2007, 08:21 AM
I don't know then. As I said it does the same for me. So I make all of my more complicated (more than 6 angles) patterns in CorelDraw now.

BobHill
02-24-2007, 08:35 AM
The guys who understand the software Basics behind Designer might be able to clarify, but I've also had my bouts with that. My cure is to be sure that there are NO unconstrained angles and lines prior to continuing. It wouldn't be a first for me to have to go back to where the design suddenly goes askew and place each node and line where it should be .. CONSTRAINED .. and that's even when doing a trace of something I did in Corel that for some reason or other didn't Outline pattern all that well. It will be a boon to a whole bunch of us if (or when) the vectors of CorelDraw will be recognized directly as vector in Designer (Xara will also easily convert to a CDR format, bye the way).

Bob