PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes ya just feel stupid

scootertrash
05-05-2014, 11:50 AM
I ran into two very easily diagnosed problems that had me laughing.

First problem: After placing a board,sliding the rail JUST right, cranking down and locking, my machine doesn't turn on. I FREAK OUT. Had some electrical storms the day before and I thought lightning toasted my 18-run-hours-old machine. It didn't take toooo long for me to remember I had unplugged it to prevent such a thing from happening (I always leave it unplugged when not in use, derp)

Second problem: Last night I designed a carve for a local riding club. Spent hours tweaking it. So i go to plug in the card and something didn't feel quite normal but i figured "what the heck, maybe it's looser because it's breaking in." Turn on the machine and get black squares. NO! It's DEAD!!!!! I figure re-seating the card is a good idea, right? Perhaps, but not putting the card in backwards is a much more effective step.

Still loving the machine.

Old Salt
05-05-2014, 11:55 AM
Just a normal day for me!
Gary

lynnfrwd
05-05-2014, 12:09 PM
Make sure machine is OFF when putting card in or taking card out....or you just might fry it!

CNC Carver
05-05-2014, 12:46 PM
We all have had those days with these machines but you feel great when you figure out your own mistakes.

Digitalwoodshop
05-05-2014, 02:33 PM
I took a strip of fiber packing tape and made a handle that sticks out of the card on the back so it is easier to pull out. Someone else back in 2007 came up with the idea. Just one strip folded over about an inch long.

AL

scootertrash
05-05-2014, 02:56 PM
Make sure machine is OFF when putting card in or taking card out....or you just might fry it!

Don't think I don't double-check that every time. But now that you mention it I think I'll print a label that says 'Hey moran, is the machine off?"

And before anyone corrects my spelling....this is NOT photoshopped, lol:

TerryT
05-05-2014, 06:28 PM
Sheesh! To show what a week I have had.... I thought brain was misspelled. LOL

ktjwilliams
05-06-2014, 09:53 PM
So what did you do wrong ??? That standard operating procedure for me ....