PDA

View Full Version : Screw found on carving

DWD
02-23-2007, 11:38 PM
When my last carving completed I found a large screw on the carving. I suspect it may be one of the mounting screws on the cut motor. Before I start looking I hope someone has had a similar situation. In the mean time I will download the PDF for replacing the cut motor in hopes it will tell me how to get the left cover off successfully.
Thanks Dan

benluz
02-24-2007, 12:58 PM
Hello, could be z-motor loose screw or the large screw that tighnens the belt but there woud be a spring laying around to match.I would suggest viewing the PDF about removing cover .Once the cover is off look for missing screws where you see the aluminunun cooling fins meet the z-truck...the part that moves up and down on the very top of the you should see a good size screw with a spring that is the belt tensioner for the z-motor...just keep looking you'll find a hole there somewhere,also check the moving trucks y and z and make sure they feel tight.With the power off the should move freely up,down and left to right ,with no slop.Lets us know what you found.
thanks,
Ben