PDA

View Full Version : Close cover message

unitedcases
05-02-2014, 10:10 AM
Went to start one of the machines this morning and got the dreaded close cover message. Haven't seen that in forever. If ever. Then upon further investigation I am also not getting rollers compressed and no Z or Y data. I am sure there is one thing to fault for all of this but no idea what.

fwharris
05-02-2014, 10:15 AM
I would look at the FFC cable and the connection/wires of the cover switch harness.

bergerud
05-02-2014, 10:25 AM
Could this be caused the the board sensor wire short in the carriage? Have you changed the board sensor lately?

unitedcases
05-02-2014, 10:37 AM
All is well. What I didn't do before I posted was read and search. It was a pinched cable. Sure as the world the one time I don't look first the answer is two clicks away. Fixed!

Digitalwoodshop
05-02-2014, 02:21 PM
Good JOB !!!!

"The Old Pinched Cable Fault....." Takes out the 5 volts and you get close cover, and many sensors no workee....

Happens to me when I get too agressive pulling down slack to replace the board sensor.

AL

unitedcases
05-02-2014, 03:08 PM
Swapped out the entire wire assy and undoubtedly it was bad too. Board sensor wouldn't work. Pulled the part from Frankenstein. My order keeps getting bigger.