PDA

View Full Version : New Error Message

Darthmaul1964
04-30-2014, 08:42 AM
I have never had this one come up before. During a carve the machine will pause and say to clean the Y axis and press start to continue. I am using a dust extractor so there is nothing on the Y rail so not sure where the error is coming from. I push start and it takes off again but it has done it three times in the last 10 minutes. Just wonder what might be the cause.

Old Salt
04-30-2014, 09:06 AM
could be a sticky or bad bearing on truck. ck by marking all bearing and see if they turn at the same rate.

bergerud
04-30-2014, 09:10 AM
The message indicates that there it too much force required to move the carriage in the y direction. If the carriage moves back and forth easily, it could be as simple as a dull bit.

lynnfrwd
04-30-2014, 09:59 AM
Old Salt>> Great idea marking the bearings.

unitedcases
04-30-2014, 10:18 AM
For me...that's mean the bit is dull and trying to drag.

Digitalwoodshop
04-30-2014, 12:58 PM
And it could be the Y gearbox 685ZZ Bearings are going bad. Causes the Big Gear to lean toward the center of the machine and the area between the belt and inner gear to RUB the U shaped machine frame causing the message.

See Picture... rub area...

AL

Darthmaul1964
04-30-2014, 01:19 PM
And it could be the Y gearbox 685ZZ Bearings are going bad. Causes the Big Gear to lean toward the center of the machine and the area between the belt and inner gear to RUB the U shaped machine frame causing the message.

See Picture... rub area...

AL
I just had the Y gear box apart a week ago looking for wear because of Y axis stall error I was getting. It was in good shape and once put back together it worked fine till this new error came up. I think maybe my y belt is too tight or bit is dull.

cestout
05-01-2014, 08:13 PM
When ever I have the Y belt loose, I remover the whole truck and check all the rollers, the Z also. You can lube them better than than you can by sticking the straw behind the truck and squirting WD40.
Clint

ktjwilliams
05-02-2014, 05:00 PM
I get that message when I use HDU sign board... Use compressed air to clean rails and bearing ... That HDU does build up a bit on the rails N bearings on larger carves ... So in my case ,,, the rails really need cleaning ....