PDA

View Full Version : cant get DFX importer to work

skeeterman
04-29-2014, 07:25 PM
Purchased DFX importer today, have been a subscriber to Vector clip 3-d and they recently started posting vector carvings DFX, i have downloaded them and they are compressed in a folder (i am not a computer geek and strugle with that ) not sure what to do with them now.
i opened designer and went to file and import vector , go to where my dfx files are but it shows empty( nothing in there) get out of designer and locate the same files i was trying to get with import dfx and there are aboute 20 different dfx files there but they are in compressed state. so now what ???? and please make describe what to do in """DUMMY""" terms
steve

FWMiller
04-29-2014, 07:30 PM
Is the file extension .dfx or .dxf?

skeeterman
04-29-2014, 07:37 PM
sorry meant dxf, i just checked the vectorclip 3-d sight an it is dfx

FWMiller
04-29-2014, 07:41 PM
I believe the importer is looking for a .dxf file extension. If the files are in the correct format, try changing the file extension to .dxf and see if it imports then. I've only used .dxf extension when importing so it may not recognize anything else.

skeeterman
04-29-2014, 07:46 PM
this is what i have downloaded, or this is what i think i have downloaded from vector clip 3-d, as i said i have these files and it shows that i do but when i go to designer and import with dxf it shows nothing there

fwharris
04-29-2014, 07:54 PM
Steve,

These files have been compressed (zipped) so you will need to un zip them first before you can access the real dxf files.

skeeterman
04-29-2014, 07:58 PM
again not sure what i need to do , how do you unzip them , i have tryed to open them with note pad and all the other options my computer gives me to open them but i am getting nowhere with that

FWMiller
04-29-2014, 07:58 PM
Yes. That clarifies the problem. Right click on the compressed folder and you should get an option in the menu to extract the files.

FWMiller
04-29-2014, 08:01 PM
That is if you have a newer version of Windows. Older versions may require a 3rd party zip program.

skeeterman
04-29-2014, 08:02 PM
Yes. That clarifies the problem. Right click on the compressed folder and you should get an option in the menu to extract the files.
thank you i just did one and it worked, thanks so much