PDA

View Full Version : Probing the Rotary

jackh
04-25-2014, 04:51 PM
Can we mount a finished project on the rotary jig and use the probe to scan it? If not, why not?

lynnfrwd
04-25-2014, 05:06 PM
Can we mount a finished project on the rotary jig and use the probe to scan it? If not, why not?

It is a likely possibility down the road. We have tried it, but there is a bit more to it....software wise. Not promising it will happen, but we are, definitely, looking into it.

jackh
04-25-2014, 05:15 PM
Thank you for your response, may I ask what the problems are?

bergerud
04-25-2014, 05:29 PM
I have done it. I do not think there are any real problems. One has to define the area to be scanned and the object itself is sort of in the way. With an object on a sled, you would mark out the corners and the depth by jogging to places beside the object. You need a spot on each side where you can probe down to the depth you want. Ideally the rotary object would be on a spit. One could then jog to touch the spit on one side and then rotate 360 degrees and jog to the spit on the other side. With a little finesse, it can be done. I plan to experiment some more with this. So far I have only done enough to convince myself it is possible.

http://forum.carvewright.com/showthread.php?25265-Rotary-Scanning-Sled&p=225046#post225046