PDA

View Full Version : Machine acting strange

Dale
04-22-2014, 12:34 PM
I just tried to carve a sign that I have carved many times before with no problems. This time I get a message "Is this project in a jig?" which I have never seen before (using 2.005 and maybe the first time I've used this pattern since update to 2.005) I answered yes to using jig. Jig is 4" longer on each end and 1" wider on each side than virtual board. Again used this jig many times. Machine goes through the normal measuring of the board and then gives "jog to position with coordinates " which I had not selected so I just hit start. It then starts to cut the key hole and ends up placing it lenght wise where it belongs but width wise it cuts it halfway on my pattern and halfway into my jig so I hit stop, take the card back to the computer erase the project and upload it again. Tried carving it again and this time when it asked if project was in a jig I said no and machine then goes through all the whole startup process as usual but it cut the keyhole horizontal instead of vertical! I double checked my pattern and it is vertical. Other than reformatting the card and trying again is there anything else I can do?

bergerud
04-22-2014, 12:42 PM
You should have answered NO to the jig question. The jig feature is new to 2.005. It allows one to jog to the corners of a double sided carve no matter "where" the board is in the jig. As for the keyhole, that is a separate issue.

Dale
04-22-2014, 12:56 PM
Thanks for the info on the jig question Bergerud. Just reformatted the card and will test the keyhole again, the board is already ruined so it won't hurt anything if it is not fixed.

SteveNelson46
04-22-2014, 02:09 PM
You should have answered NO to the jig question. The jig feature is new to 2.005. It allows one to jog to the corners of a double sided carve no matter "where" the board is in the jig. As for the keyhole, that is a separate issue.

I have not used the keyhole feature in 2.005. Are there any issues? I would hate to mess up a good board because of problems that I'm unaware of.

bergerud
04-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Sorry, I did not mean there was a known keyhole issue. I do not know of one. I was hoping for an update when Dale tries it again.

fwharris
04-22-2014, 03:19 PM
Here is the link to the flip with in jig procedure http://www.carvewright.com/assets/service/Software_instructions/FlipWithinJig.pdf

I have used in one time and everything lined up great...

DocWheeler
04-22-2014, 04:00 PM
Floyd,

I had not seen that before. After reading it, I was confused.
"Front-Left" does not fit the picture to me.

fwharris
04-22-2014, 04:17 PM
Floyd,

I had not seen that before. After reading it, I was confused.
"Front-Left" does not fit the picture to me.

Ken,

I think he was saying this as how the virtual board looks in designer.

As you are standing at the key board it will be the board sticking out the right side of the machine.

In designer it will be the left side of the board as you are looking at it.

The first jog point is on the reverse side of the board and the corner closest to the key board. After flipping to the front the jog point is the corner away from the key board.

Dale
04-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Reformatted the card and the keyhole carved in the right direction, so not really sure what happened but the machine is happily carving away right now!
Thanks for the help.