PDA

View Full Version : One of this year's Charity Auction Items

Bigtyme
04-19-2014, 04:16 PM
Finally had a chance to carve the Black Forest Shelf POM. I will be donating to a local Family Literacy Charity Auction. My bride finished it with Golden Oak stain and Satin Polyurethane. Notice some of the spalting on the silver maple. This is one of 3 items Steph and I are making for the Lapeer Family Literacy Auction and I hope they all do well. More pictures to follow of the other items.

SharonB
04-19-2014, 04:22 PM
John.... the shelf is beautiful. I know it will bring a good price at the auction. Looking forward to seeing your other projects.

TerryT
04-19-2014, 05:00 PM
Nicely done. Congrats to you both.

RogerB
04-19-2014, 06:00 PM
Very nice work . If the other 2 are as nice as this they should do very nice in the Auction.

fwharris
04-20-2014, 08:25 AM
John,

Great job, they should do very well in the auction.

Bigtyme
04-20-2014, 09:14 AM
Thank you for the kind words, everyone. This was a fun carve. Michael did his usual great job on the POM and it carved very well. I am lucky that the LOML likes to finish some of my projects. She is a lot pickier than I am when it comes to finishing and it shows :) ... Should have the second auction item done today. It is another POM and another fun carve...

SteveNelson46
04-20-2014, 11:03 AM
That came out really nice. Good luck on the next two.

Bigtyme
04-20-2014, 04:23 PM
Here is project number 2. Another POM that I have wanted to carve for a while and finally had a great reason. It is also made of Silver Maple and I really like how the spalting sets off the cheese. Michael T did another super design job and it carved great. The tile just dropped right in. I think the folks at the auction will add this to the multitude of different wines they get donated. It may make a neat set. One more project to go and it should be ready tomorrow...

dbemus
04-21-2014, 07:48 PM
Two great pieces of work going to a good cause. The silver maple is really beautiful.

Bigtyme
04-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Thank you, dbemus. The silver maple does work well on projects and some of it has some great spalting which really sets it off. I finished the final piece for donation last evening, It came from a project that was posted on the forum a while ago and I appreciate the member sharing it. I used more of the silver maple and 30-30 rifle cartridges for the numbers. I think it would be a great addition to a hunting camp or even a man cave. I guess we will find out as the event is Friday and is usually well attended by a great cross section of folks.