PDA

View Full Version : Need some help from any Houston area carver

myshop1044
04-12-2014, 03:13 PM
I just completed a set of baseball plaques for my grandson's team in the Katy area,
they liked them so much I have a request for 25 more plaques for 2 different teams, the catch is
they need them for May 7th.
I have attached a picture of my design, if you are interested in helping, PM me and I will forward
the lady's E-Mail address.
The plaque was 6 x 9 and you use any material.
Perry B.

ChrisAlb
04-12-2014, 05:07 PM
Sure wish I was in your area myshop. I'd love to help. Just a thought (without knowing your available time of course) but, 25 by May 7th doesn't sound too hard? Personally I would set a bunch up on a long board or two and just let the CW fly. Then separate and paint/stain them. I've done up to 16 foot, rather intricate carvings and my baby ran for 25 hours or more but, your design seems rather simple so I'd think much less time? But even so, in a day the carvings could be done with. Again, just a thought. Best wishes and I hope you find help if need be. :)

rcdages
04-14-2014, 08:42 AM
Perry,

I would love to help you out. But I am covered over with carvings and dead lines right now.

As they say it never rains till it pours.

myshop1044
04-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Thank you Robert D, The carving is not the problem, it's the routering the edges, sanding and painting
that take so long and not mention the weather is not helping either.

Perry B,
see you at the conference.

SouthernSigns
04-14-2014, 01:52 PM
We can help. We are in the Alvin (South Houston) Area...PM me for more info...We sent you a message earlier....

myshop1044
04-14-2014, 03:27 PM
I just PMed you with the info.
Thanks again.
Perry B.

SouthernSigns
04-14-2014, 04:14 PM
Got it thanks..I have already contacted her. I will be in touch to let you know how our discussion goes! Thanks again.

SouthernSigns
04-28-2014, 10:28 AM
69253Here are the first few plaques fresh off the assembly line. Just a few more left to carve. We will be starting the finish / paint process later tonight. Let us know if we can help with any future jobs!!!!

rcdages
04-28-2014, 11:38 AM
Perry,

Good looking carvings.

rcdages
04-28-2014, 11:40 AM
Perry,

What is your carve time on one of these?

SouthernSigns
04-28-2014, 11:50 AM
Perry,

Each plaque is taking 1 hour and 25 mins on Optimal Setting with 3 bit changes. Using Premium Pine...

SouthernSigns
04-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Perry,

PS...My name is Alicia...We are helping Perry with this job. He was not going to be able to meet the deadline so he commissioned us to finish them up for him. We are local to the customers area in Texas.

CNC Carver
04-28-2014, 12:17 PM
Nice team work! Projects are looking good!

SouthernSigns
04-28-2014, 12:26 PM
Thank you all for the compliments. We have the carving process under control. Now we are debating a finishing / painting technique maybe someone could give us some experienced advice.
We want to paint the NY Logo Navy Blue / White and the rest of the plaques will be stained. Will be using Acrylic paints. I read somewhere that you can paint over a stained piece using Acrylics with no problems. Has anyone tried to do this? Im thinking we can apply a couple of thin coats of stain to the entire plaques...allow them to dry for a day or so and then come behind with our colors / acrylics and paint the logos. Any advice will be cherished!!