PDA

View Full Version : pause to cool motor

larryblalock
02-23-2007, 11:29 AM
Is there a way to stop the machine in mid-stream to cool down? If so, what is the proper procedure? I'm terrified if I stop the carving and start it again, it will start over at the beginning. How long can the machine normally run before it needs to cool down?
P>S> Do you have an icon with a perplexed look awhile scratching the head?

CallNeg151
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
Is there a way to stop the machine in mid-stream to cool down? If so, what is the proper procedure? I'm terrified if I stop the carving and start it again, it will start over at the beginning. How long can the machine normally run before it needs to cool down?
P>S> Do you have an icon with a perplexed look awhile scratching the head?
It's really easy. Just press the "STOP" button. The screen will prompt you to press "ENTER" To resume or "STOP" to abort.

Just be sure not to press "STOP" a second time, or the job will abort. If you press enter, it will resume exactly where it left off.

As for how long the machine can run, I've heard of people running for hours. The main limiting factor I've seen while lurking around the forum has been the flex shaft. Feel the flex shaft periodically. It will be warm, but it should not be hot. A number of people have had flex shafts that seem to have not been lubricated at the factory, which will cause them to melt down. If your flex shaft gets hot, stop the job, let it cool down, inspect the flex shaft for damage, and follow the lube procedure listed as a sticky in the (I believe) announcements forum.

Good luck.

HandTurnedMaple
02-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Open the cover. But before you start your carving go through the options menu and check your time out setting. I'm not sure exactly what its called but it should be obvious. This is how long the machine will stay idle before shutting itself off. Then make sure you don't leave the lid open longer than this setting or change the setting.

Once you are ready to resume, hit ENTER not STOP!!!