PDA

View Full Version : New litho

chips
04-07-2014, 11:13 PM
In memory of my friends daughter who passed in her sleep. Any one know why I have the lines in the body of her, background lines are of the wall. Confused about the lines in her pic. I have the new CW and carved in "best"

CW-HAL9000
04-07-2014, 11:15 PM
What a nice tribute.

chips
04-07-2014, 11:21 PM
Thank you !!!

mtylerfl
04-07-2014, 11:31 PM
Yes, very nice!

Lines could be from some debris getting under the bit during the carving. Recommended to use dust collection especially for lithos and for preventing the debris from interfering with the carve. In lieu of that, babysit the machine and blow puffs of compressed air to dispel the debris very frequently during the carve.

Lines can be reduced by carving on OPTIMAL (which takes much longer). The biggest difference in the various quality settings is the overlap of the bit during each pass back-and-forth as it carves - this is called the stepover percentage. The CarveWright has preset stepover percentages for each quality choice. Faster, lower-quality settings have wider stepovers (i.e., Draft and Normal). Slower, higher-quality choices have smaller stepovers (i.e., Best and Optimal). The smaller the stepover, the better the quality - downside is always going to be longer carve times. Same issue for all CNC machines.

rcdages
04-08-2014, 08:38 AM
Great looking litho chips.

rcdages
04-08-2014, 08:41 AM
Litho's pick up all details.

chips
04-08-2014, 11:40 AM
Thanks for the info, much appreciated

lynnfrwd
04-08-2014, 01:49 PM
Just guessing here, but could the lines also be from a flat bed scanner? Run just white paper through it and see if there are lines.

Of course, this could have been from a digital photo.

The deep lines about 3.5" from each end are snipe from not staying under the rollers?