PDA

View Full Version : Taking compucarve back to sears,Friday morning

tonyd919
02-23-2007, 02:22 AM
This is the second one I got from sears and going back. The first one bought 2 weeks ago lasted 14 hrs.and z axis errors. The 2nd one brought home on Thursday morning and that one lasted 45 minutes,because the flexshaft melted.called carve wright and they told me they don't know if they have any left in stock to fix,so thats the reason I'm taking it back. Going to order another one friday morning and hope it lasts. I really like it alot,did some nice carving with it. wish me luck on another one.

mobident
02-23-2007, 09:02 AM
luck

I wonder if I could take my machine back for broken bits...

BoardSilly
02-23-2007, 12:57 PM
I'm taking my vehicle back to the dealer for a refund... the check engine light is on.

Milt
02-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Mobident, Boardsilly,
First off I'm not knocking the machine, just the responses here.
I fail to understand why you are making fun of Tonyd919. To expect a $2000 machine to work properly is not stupid, quite to the contrary, if you spend $2000 on a machine and expect it to break down after 45 minutes, that's stupid. If you bought a $2000 computer and a few hours after you had it up and running, the video card burns out, the power supply burns out, you would take the computer back to the store and get a new one, you wouldn't wait for the company to send you a new part to fix your new machine. If it happened a second time you would take the computer back again, and probably buy a different brand. If you drop $2000 on a LCD HDTV and it worked like this you would have returned it and got a new one. How many of you would like to be sitting there watching the super bowl and have you new TV quit in the middle of the game, and then say that it's okay, this is new technology, the company will send me a spare card so I can get the picture back next week. This is no different. Just because you like your machine and it is working properly, doesn't mean that everyone else's machines work properly.
My $.02 worth.

The Bard
02-23-2007, 11:44 PM
actually, we were out of the assembled part to replace it. But we had the parts TO assemble. Someone told the ladies the wrong information. Lovechik himself was putting some together just today.

sorry I missed ya bro. Wish I'd got to you first.