PDA

View Full Version : Can't open a saved file

Dartman
02-22-2007, 10:49 PM
Saved a file to the flash card to run a job. Results were so-so and wanted to compare the finished job to the image. Tried to open Last Job and got an error - file not found. Apparently files are saved in the temorary internet folder? Checked the flash card and the image was there so is there a way to get it from the card and back to the designer program?
Thanks

Jeff_Birt
02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
Your Designer projects are saved wherever you save them. You must however click 'Save' before closing down Designer (just like any other program). There is also no way to pull a project back off a card.

forqnc
02-23-2007, 07:07 AM
Saved a file to the flash card to run a job. Results were so-so and wanted to compare the finished job to the image. Tried to open Last Job and got an error - file not found. Apparently files are saved in the temorary internet folder? Checked the flash card and the image was there so is there a way to get it from the card and back to the designer program?
Thanks

We had the same problem, my daughter was playing with the software and her files where somehow saved to an OLK2 folder in the temporary internet folder. I always use the ‘save as’ function so I can direct the saved files to the folder I want to store them in. When I activated the software, my daughter wanted to show me her designs, but we could not find them on the computer. Later on I went to save one of my designs that I saw the OLK2 folder show up. I have not had time to pursue this any further to see if I can find the rest of her files.

SpiffyDog
02-23-2007, 08:23 AM
The "OLK*" folder has a number associated with it, and it is usually different on each computer.

I use Google's free Desktop Search program as it not only indexes file names but contents, as well, on most well known files.

dcoconcrete
02-27-2007, 01:57 PM
We are having a problem locating downloads that are downloaded from the internet...i.e.: fonts for the carving, etc. unzip files, designs...we are unable to "select" a download file when it downloads..it says it is downloaded but we can do a "search file" and it comes up no file found...any suggestions?

Jeff_Birt
02-27-2007, 02:08 PM
what browser are you using?