PDA

View Full Version : Layerer Effect

Skyhawk
02-22-2007, 10:13 PM
With the help of the Jantz tutorial I was able to convert this logo into a pretty cool carving...This is made from a 1/2 inch pine board and a 1/4 inch red oak board glued together. I set the logo onto the layout setting it as raised. I then did a 'carve region' just slighly deeper that the oak...

I goofed on this one and didn't make the region quite deep enough which left quite a bit of glue which needed sanding to remove, but I was happy overall!

HandTurnedMaple
02-22-2007, 10:17 PM
Excellent idea. I like it. I think something like maple for the animal and cherry for the scenery so it really stands out. Good work.

Jon Jantz
02-25-2007, 06:32 AM
Great idea... I want to try that as well. Carving looks good, would like to see a few close up pictures.

Also, glad to see the tute helped out...

Skyhawk
02-25-2007, 09:02 AM
I posted a higher resolution picture on your site (www.allcw.com) under the gallery forum, since this site limits the file size to 97k...

Jon, thanks for the tutorial...I am very good with graphics programs having used them for many years (mostly Photoshop but some Corel). I'm sure I would have figured out how to create it eventually but your tutorial saved many hours of my time in trying to figure out how to do it...