PDA

View Full Version : Sled plus board sensor issue

texasinmi
03-27-2014, 03:39 PM
I built my first sled. I load it up then the CW colects the y measurement, no problem. Start the x measurement and while the board is sliding to start the measurement I get a "clean board sensor error. I clean it with a soft cloth same problem. Put in a non-sled project all is well again.

Therefore, what is wrong with my sled. It is 14" x 20".

Thanks,

Texasinmi

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 04:00 PM
I built my first sled. I load it up then the CW colects the y measurement, no problem. Start the x measurement and while the board is sliding to start the measurement I get a "clean board sensor error. I clean it with a soft cloth same problem. Put in a non-sled project all is well again.

Therefore, what is wrong with my sled. It is 14" x 20".

Thanks,

Texasinmi

How much does it weight? (20 lbs weight limit)

What color is the sled? (has trouble reading dark woods)

Are you using masking tape? (this will give it a continuous area to read)

DickB
03-27-2014, 05:20 PM
Post a picture of your sled with a project board in it.

texasinmi
03-28-2014, 09:32 AM
68567Here is my white wood sled with the 3/4" continous edge.

texasinmi

DickB
03-28-2014, 09:59 AM
The board sensor will likely have trouble seeing down to the bottom of your sled where there is no project board or sled cross members. I make the ends (cross members)of my sled flush with the top of the seld, at least 3.5" wide, in part for that reason. As Connie said, you can fix this by laying some masking tape across the top of your sled and project board.

You may have other issues because your project board is recessed into your sled. Generally speaking, your project board needs to be within 1/8" or so from the top of your sled.

tierman
03-28-2014, 10:02 AM
68567Here is my white wood sled with the 3/4" continous edge.

texasinmi

Texasinmi, here is what I have found on some of my projects when using my sled and have the same error: 1) On the left end of your sled you do not have a "definite end" at the same height plane as your carving piece. Thus messing with height reading that the sensor is getting. What I have done in the past is put a piece of wood the same height as my carving piece and then run a piece of masking tape the entire length of my sled down the center of the sled on top of everything. The tape gives the sensor an equal reading on the entire length of the board. Hope you understand this as I have been told that I ramble a lot.