PDA

View Full Version : New Forum Policy Addendum

lynnfrwd
03-22-2014, 04:18 PM
Rough draft, but effective immediately:

LHR reserves the right to temporarily or permanently ban any forum member that downloads freely shared patterns or projects for use on third party sites, or any other method of distribution, whether free or for profit.

fwharris
03-22-2014, 04:21 PM
Sounds good. Just saw his last post. He sent me his phone number a couple of weeks ago, I will be calling him shortly..

ladjr
03-22-2014, 04:57 PM
Rough draft, but effective immediately:

LHR reserves the right to temporarily or permanently ban any forum member that downloads freely shared patterns or projects for use on third party sites, or any other method of distribution, whether free or for profit.

I'm assuming that doesn't mean when we carve something and sell that.

lynnfrwd
03-22-2014, 04:59 PM
That is correct.

eelamb
03-22-2014, 05:04 PM
Plus exclude patterns the creator shares, and post on his or her own site.
Thanks Connie.

aokweld101
03-22-2014, 05:10 PM
I think it's a great policy.

chkorte
03-22-2014, 06:05 PM
I like it.

rmock
03-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Good move!

Woodpecker
03-27-2014, 05:23 AM
Please remember some of the patters were available for free in the beginning. I had several from Ask Bud which I may no longer use. Perhaps a better news letter to keep all informed of changes would be better than this hunt and search or find out by error would be a better way of communicating to the loyal customers. Most of us just want to have a hobby. I agree about the theft of / or re-distribution of your product. Being customer friendly is important as well!
Woodpecker

lynnfrwd
03-27-2014, 09:47 AM
Please remember some of the patters were available for free in the beginning. I had several from Ask Bud which I may no longer use. Perhaps a better news letter to keep all informed of changes would be better than this hunt and search or find out by error would be a better way of communicating to the loyal customers. Most of us just want to have a hobby. I agree about the theft of / or re-distribution of your product. Being customer friendly is important as well!
Woodpecker

Patterns (.ptn's) & projects (.mpc's) posted on this forum are freely available for customers to download and carve. These carved projects are then available for personal use or can be sold as a finished project.

The electronic version of the pattern (ptn) & project (mpc) may not be placed on any third party website or distributed on any electronic medium, whether for sale or free. The person that created the ptn or mpc is not considered third party.