PDA

View Full Version : Possible X-Axis Overload

tcough3475
03-18-2014, 10:16 AM
While running a simple project that amounted to only 1/4" carve paths, I kept getting Possible X-Axis Overload error messages. Fortunatly I had the option to press enter to continue and was able to finish the project, but only after serveral (15-20) error messages. The error only occured when the truck was not carving while moving from one area on the board to another. The board was a 36" long 1x6 of cedar and was supported on both ends, not that it needed it though. I did move the slide plate away about a 1/4" from the board, but I still kept getting the messages. There were no errors during the measurement portion of the board loading.

As I mentioned, I was able to finish the project but was curious if anyone knows what might have caused the error message. I've loaded longer/heavier boards, always supported, and never had this happen before.

Thanks for any insights !

lynnfrwd
03-18-2014, 10:24 AM
"possible x-axis overload" ... was that the exact wording?

SteveNelson46
03-18-2014, 11:26 AM
While running a simple project that amounted to only 1/4" carve paths, I kept getting Possible X-Axis Overload error messages. Fortunatly I had the option to press enter to continue and was able to finish the project, but only after serveral (15-20) error messages. The error only occured when the truck was not carving while moving from one area on the board to another. The board was a 36" long 1x6 of cedar and was supported on both ends, not that it needed it though. I did move the slide plate away about a 1/4" from the board, but I still kept getting the messages. There were no errors during the measurement portion of the board loading.

As I mentioned, I was able to finish the project but was curious if anyone knows what might have caused the error message. I've loaded longer/heavier boards, always supported, and never had this happen before.

Thanks for any insights !

You could have too much head pressure or, there is something obstructing or inhibiting the x-axis movement.. It could also be sandpaper belt roll-up.

Digitalwoodshop
03-18-2014, 01:31 PM
+1 with a Sand Paper Belt rolled up... Hard to see... You really need to rip the belt like I do...

AL

tcough3475
03-18-2014, 02:54 PM
"possible x-axis overload" ... was that the exact wording?

Yes it was. I was given the option to cancel or continue. I'll be running another project this evening and will check for an error code (sorry I didn't think of it at the time because the continue option allowed me to finish).

tcough3475
03-18-2014, 02:58 PM
+1 with a Sand Paper Belt rolled up... Hard to see... You really need to rip the belt like I do...

AL

A few projects ago I did replace a SPB due to roll-up & tearing. I'll take a close look tonight to see if it's rubbing. It looks like you took a significant (>30%) portion out of your SPB. Does that create a problem on wide carves?

Digitalwoodshop
03-18-2014, 06:54 PM
A few projects ago I did replace a SPB due to roll-up & tearing. I'll take a close look tonight to see if it's rubbing. It looks like you took a significant (>30%) portion out of your SPB. Does that create a problem on wide carves?

In my case I believe the many 6 inch wide boards I have done over time is the reason for the rolled belts. This was over a 6 month period all the rips. I did use my 12 inch wide PVC carrier board to cut tags and it was not a problem. Shortly after I did maintenance and replaced the belts.

So in my case even with 30% of the belt missing the PVC board worked just fine.

I would check head level too as the keypad side being high could influence the belt to move toward the keypad.

AL