PDA

View Full Version : Rail sweep question

ekimnamyr
03-16-2014, 07:15 PM
When using rail sweep function how do you get the white center line to be the center of the carve project? I am trying to make a pine wood derby car similar to the blog posted on CW blogs, for my grandson, not real handy with the 3-D software yet. I have followed the blog instructions. Did the sketch of curve on one side of center then mirrored it to other side, but when hit ok the curve goes from one side to the other and does not have the sharp point in center of car. Probably something simple but has me stumped Thanks for the help in advance. Mike

fwharris
03-16-2014, 07:53 PM
Maybe post your drawing would help us figure it out.

aokweld101
03-16-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm with Floyde on this one, we need more information the white line is the edge of rectangel that you made the green line goes to the outside of the rectangel the red line is the center.

ekimnamyr
03-16-2014, 08:59 PM
I figured out how to do it. Just could not do it the way it was instructed. Could not mirror the half of centerline to other side, had to take the Bezier line over to the green line and attach it. Then it was peaked in the center. Also to be truthful I cannot figure out how to post my drawing :roll: Thanks fwharris

fwharris
03-16-2014, 09:06 PM
I figured out how to do it. Just could not do it the way it was instructed. Could not mirror the half of centerline to other side, had to take the Bezier line over to the green line and attach it. Then it was peaked in the center. Also to be truthful I cannot figure out how to post my drawing :roll: Thanks fwharris

Good to hear you figured it out. To upload your project click on the "go advanced" tab and scroll down to "manage attachments". In the pop up window click on the "add files" then "browse" and go to where you saved the file and click on it and then click on the upload button. When the file appears in the bottom box select "done".

ekimnamyr
03-16-2014, 09:13 PM
thanks Floyd, I understand how aokweld101 instructed But I was following the Derby car blog on CW and it shows the red line on left side white line on center and green line on right side with the high peak on white line (center)???? Thanks on info of how to post the mpc Mike