PDA

View Full Version : How do I e-mail shots from designer?

princess sawdust
02-22-2007, 11:51 AM
For those of you who are a little more computer literate than me.... I am wondering how to send shots of commision pieces to the customer to aprove before I carve them. Is there a way to save the mpc files into something anyone can open up?

The princess

SpiffyDog
02-22-2007, 11:59 AM
Try pressing the print screen button and then paste it into your email.

CallNeg151
02-22-2007, 12:46 PM
For those of you who are a little more computer literate than me.... I am wondering how to send shots of commision pieces to the customer to aprove before I carve them. Is there a way to save the mpc files into something anyone can open up?

The princess

I think everyone is just pressing the Print Screen button, and then pasting the picture into some sort of picture editor, and then sending along the jpg.

Another possibility would be printing your image into an exportable format. If you have Adobe Acrobat or PDF maker, or some other program that lets you create PDF files by printing them from your application using the Print option in designer will print whatever is in your design window, minus the color and wood simulation. This might be preferable in some situations. An example of what this output looks like is attached.

BoardSilly
02-22-2007, 01:18 PM
If you just use 'print screen' it will snag the whole monitor screen. If you use <alt> print screen, it will take a snapshot of only the current active window. Less clutter that way.

mobident
02-22-2007, 10:15 PM
Printkey 2000 is a free download that captures the current active window to jpeg format. When active on start up, it's icon is on the left tray by your clock. Just double click the icon...
If installed, it captures when alt print screen or print screen is pushed as well. It has a few basic functions (save, copy, paste, edit, rectangle crop, etc) available as buttons when the capture opens. fairly handy.

Bruce

pwngsd
02-22-2007, 11:31 PM
I use HardCopyPro. you can draw a box around exactly what you want to capture. You can save it to multiple formats or email directly from that software.

forqnc
02-23-2007, 07:30 AM
I've always just used 'Alt' and 'PrtSc' buttons together, this copies your screen to the clipboard, then open something like Paint and select paste. Now you can edit it then save as a .jpg.

princess sawdust
02-23-2007, 08:50 AM
Thanks everyone, you are all fabulous!

The Princess