PDA

View Full Version : Help With a Scan

cnsranch
03-12-2014, 01:30 PM
For a customer - he's asked me to scan an old piece and replicate it for him. Two sided scan, both sides identical.

The attached MPW is the result of my scan - main problem is that it is not perfectly level, and must be so that the end-product is 3/8" thick around the edges.

I know that I had the original level, but there you go.

How do I get it level?? I'm hoping that I'm missing something.

I haven't figured out the rotate tweak and level tweak tools - maybe that's where I need the help.

Thanks in advance.

I've also attached the pattern I made with the MPW - you can see my problem....

fwharris
03-12-2014, 02:25 PM
Jerry,

I guess I am not understanding your "level" question. When I brought the mpw into PE it looks to be level.

The same with the pattern in designer.

Or are you talking about the thickness of the outer portion of the corbel? If so use the eye dropper to pick the color level. Using the paint bucket and adjust the tolerance level down. Fill in the outside area. You will probably need to fill in some areas with the brush.

cnsranch
03-12-2014, 02:37 PM
Floyd - what I mean is that the piece is carving deeper on one end than the other, and from edge to edge..... with a two sided carve, it ends up 3/8" thick at one point and more than 5/16" thick at another......make sense?
The depth should be the same all along the edges.....

fwharris
03-12-2014, 02:44 PM
Did you look at the mpw file. I tried to adjust the over all thickness so it is even all of the way around.

cnsranch
03-12-2014, 02:59 PM
I'm not getting it - when I hover my arrow along the edges, I get different depths (or heights).....I've got the mpw set at .250, but the dammed thing's not "level"

fwharris
03-12-2014, 03:07 PM
I'm not getting it - when I hover my arrow along the edges, I get different depths (or heights).....I've got the mpw set at .250, but the dammed thing's not "level"

It is because of the different color levels in the mpw. I am working on it right now to even it out.

fwharris
03-12-2014, 03:14 PM
See if this is any better.

cnsranch
03-13-2014, 10:10 AM
Carving your latest now - I think you saved my bacon once again - thanks.

fwharris
03-13-2014, 11:13 AM
Carving your latest now - I think you saved my bacon once again - thanks.

Jerry,

No problem sir and hope it comes out as planned.