PDA

View Full Version : A few more projects

HerbO
02-22-2007, 10:24 AM
Both are done in Pine

CallNeg151
02-22-2007, 12:00 PM
Those are cute. I was looking at the birdhouse, and was wondering about the roof. It looks like you laid down some sort of pattern (import jpg?), and then did bit path with a ballnose bit to make the horozontal lines. What was your carve time?

HerbO
02-22-2007, 12:50 PM
The roof is from a pattern Old Salt posted awhile back.
It had 4 or 5 different patterns on it.
Here is the link
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362&highlight=Roof-stone__Patterns
This is one Great things about this Forum. My wife loved the Birdhouse especially the roof....Thanks Old Salt

HerbO

CallNeg151
02-22-2007, 12:59 PM
The roof is from a pattern Old Salt posted awhile back.
It had 4 or 5 different patterns on it.
Here is the link
http://www.carvewright.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1362&highlight=Roof-stone__Patterns
This is one Great things about this Forum. My wife loved the Birdhouse especially the roof....Thanks Old Salt

HerbO

Thanks. I completely missed that.

andes
02-15-2008, 11:21 AM
Hello,

would you be willing to send me the plan for the birdhouse? I need to build a few for my backyard.

Thanks

Andes

Old Salt
02-15-2008, 09:31 PM
Looks good ! :)
Glad someone could make good use the patterns.

Steinie
02-23-2008, 12:48 PM
Hello,

would you be willing to send me the plan for the birdhouse? I need to build a few for my backyard.

Thanks

Andes

I have just finished it, but have not carved it yet.

Let me know how you like it.........:wink:

Cut a 45 degree angle on the back of the wall ends and the roof joint.

Put on a base with screws up through the bottom, for cleaning out.

andes
02-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Thanks ;-}

HerbO
02-24-2008, 10:53 PM
Hi Andes,
I haven't been in the forum for awhile. With two jobs its keeping me from having some fun time. I didn't really have any plans for it. I carved the roof and then cut it out on the table saw. I added some text to the photo to maybe help you out.
Have any question let me know
Thanks
Herb

andes
02-25-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks Herb

Andes

mtylerfl
02-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Hi Andes,
I haven't been in the forum for awhile. With two jobs its keeping me from having some fun time. I didn't really have any plans for it. I carved the roof and then cut it out on the table saw. I added some text to the photo to maybe help you out.
Have any question let me know
Thanks
Herb

Hello Herb,

I really like your birdhouse. Do you have any particular recommendations for the type of wood to make the birdhouse out of? In other words, I'm thinking of recommended woods that would stand up to weathering well, and woods to avoid that birds might or might not like (does aeromatic cedar "put birds off"??).

Kenm810
02-25-2008, 09:27 AM
I see commercially built Cedar bird feeders and Houses
for sale all the time. I use Western Red Cedar in our shop,
and have built a few bird Houses with the scraps.
The birds didn't seem to mind the Cedar, they're are full every year
and really don't need much maintenance a side from cleaning them out each year.

mtylerfl
02-25-2008, 11:51 AM
Thanks for the tip, Ken!

Old Salt
02-25-2008, 07:00 PM
I have been using cypers for my outdoor prodjects the last 10 years & have had very good luck. the cost is about 1/2 of redwood
around 2.35 bft.