PDA

View Full Version : Oscars clapperboard

CallNeg151
02-22-2007, 02:56 AM
My unit arrived today, and seems to have survived its first 30 minutes on the clock! Hoody Hoo!

Anyway, every year I have an Oscars party, and figured out that this year I'd give out an award plaque in the shape of a movie clapperboard as an excuse to create some sawdust.

I haven't had the opportunity to carve this yet (having neighbors that don't like me running power tools in the middle of the night, sheesh), but figured that some of you might be interested in this pattern, especially if you want to do something by this Sunday.

The whole thing is created in designer, so everything can be edited. I figured chip-out might be a problem, so the small lettering is very shallow.

-Eric

CallNeg151
02-26-2007, 01:46 AM
I made a few minor changes to the pattern file (depth of text was reduced on the larger text to reduce chipping on cheap wood, since I was going to paint the project anyway, and added some text). I also added a list of years and a rectangular indentation on the back side where I could glue in a small plaque with the name of each year's winner.

I carved on cheap lumber, brushed the heck out of it with a brass brush, applied an acrylic primer, and painted it with acrylic, and applied a protective spray. The results were pretty good, and were a hit. The guests will be returning next year hoping to win the trophy.

Ron Smith
02-26-2007, 05:07 AM
Looks good. I see where that would make a nice party favor and fun to use. Good Job. I like the good finishing job.

Mike
03-21-2007, 10:01 AM
Excellent work!

HerbO
03-21-2007, 10:20 PM
If that was a directors chair is was on I would think it was the real thing.
Nice Job!

Herb