PDA

View Full Version : designer 1.187 manual error

03-05-2014, 06:57 PM
This actually needs to go to Connie but I don't know how to PM her specifically so...

I was reading through the software manual that I just downloaded from CW today. I have an older version and I wanted to see what was new. I found an interesting editing goof. Page 203 has the same text describing Pattern Editor, DXF Importer, and STL Importer with the exact same text. Unfortunately this text is only appropriate for the Pattern Editor.
Quote: The Pattern Editor Software, which is normally supplied with the CarveWright Scanning Probe, can also be purchase independent of the probe. The Pattern Editor Software allows the manipulation of a scanned or imported image on a pixel by pixel level basis. The premium feature has the following features:
Benefits:
• Visual 3D image display efficient real time editing
• Ability to edit images at the pixel level
• Tools for Painting, Erasing, Blurring, Filling, Sampling
• Filters that Raise/Lower, Smooth, Blur the surface

The features of the program are not explained in this book.
For instructions on how to activate premium features, see
"Activate Licenses" on page 164. If the license has already been activated to the customer account, then see "Update Licenses" on page 162 on how to activate the
license to an additional computer.

Interestingly all three entries have the same past tense error in "purchase" (my color highlight). Maybe Lorem Ipsum copy should have been used in creating the manual. I would have been more obvious when appropriate/pertinent text needed to be inserted.

Of course this will not impair my understanding of the different programs but the official manual really should have it right. BTW, I checked my old version (1.05) and it has the same goof. Where are all the OCD people when you need them?

thebytedoc
03-09-2014, 10:49 AM
I would like to get this version of the manual but I can only seem to find the 1.06 version. Can someone provide a link please.

bergerud
03-09-2014, 12:13 PM
I think 1.06 is it. I do not think there is a newer version than that.

03-15-2014, 10:46 AM
Yes, 1.06 is the latest - at least that is the one I was commenting on in this thread.