PDA

View Full Version : Just bought 'Conforming Vectors' ......

NLAlston
03-05-2014, 09:55 AM
......to pair with my previously purchased 'Centerline Text' module. Looking forward to getting into some sign making jobs, and feel that this newest purchase was a very worthwhile one. Now, just have to look deeper for (hopefully) some nice instruction videos. Was only able to find just one, short (Youtube) AskBud video, but reasonably certain that there are at least a few more floating around, somewhere.

fwharris
03-05-2014, 10:01 AM
These are not videos but....

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/tutorials/software-tutorials/conform/

RogerB
03-05-2014, 04:38 PM
Your going to love working with it.

cestout
03-05-2014, 07:17 PM
Try this. create a rectangle, maybe 3" x 8", make it a carved out area -.375 deep and dome it with a vertical dome. Now place Centerline text on it.
Clint

NLAlston
03-05-2014, 11:34 PM
Try this. create a rectangle, maybe 3" x 8", make it a carved out area -.375 deep and dome it with a vertical dome. Now place Centerline text on it.
Clint

Surely going to give that a whirl, later on today. Thanks.

NLAlston
03-05-2014, 11:47 PM
Your going to love working with it.

I am really hoping that an affection with it WILL be the case, indeed :smile:. But let me tell you what I 'thought' I had: let's say that I had a thick, slightly waved carved region, and I wished to add text to that region. Now, I understand that this - in and of itself - would pose no challenge. But instead of just adding text to the region, I'd want that text to automatically adopt the shape of that region.

Maybe I wouldn't have been so minded, we're it for my having a much better grasp on vectors - and how to really work with them.

NLAlston
03-05-2014, 11:58 PM
These are not videos but....

http://www.carvewright.com/support-page/getting-started/tutorials/software-tutorials/conform/

Ah, yes. Those WILL do. Thanks a lot.

cestout
03-06-2014, 05:57 PM
Following a curvy line is built into 2.04. In 1.187 you can arch the text.
Clint