PDA

View Full Version : POM March?

tedis
03-04-2014, 11:59 AM
Is the POM out for March? or did I miss it?
thanks Trevor

rickyz
03-04-2014, 01:17 PM
nope, still waiting....feb was a short month....hopefully we'll get a sneek peek soon....

tedis
03-04-2014, 01:56 PM
thanks for the info!!

mtylerfl
03-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Yes...ready soon! I did something dumb. When I did the glue-up and clamped it together (overnight!), I was all set the next morning to apply the finish, etc. While I was removing the clamps, I noticed something...

Well, I had glued two components on the WRONG side of the main structure! So...I was able to salvage the POM without having to do it all over again, by carefully sawing off the "wrong-glued" parts and making a special MPC for dummies (me) to replace the two parts I messed up. Put me behind a couple days.

Oh...this unfortunate event ;) made me decide to create an assembly diagram to include in the PDF instructions. The project is not hard to assemble, and anyone (except me apparently) could put it together correctly just by paying attention...but, leaving nothing to chance, I'm including the assembly drawing anyway!

Smoken D
03-04-2014, 04:56 PM
Well I'll be dog-gone. Not the only one that did that :)

aokweld101
03-04-2014, 05:03 PM
Yes...ready soon! I did something dumb. When I did the glue-up and clamped it together (overnight!), I was all set the next morning to apply the finish, etc. While I was removing the clamps, I noticed something...

Well, I had glued two components on the WRONG side of the main structure! So...I was able to salvage the POM without having to do it all over again, by carefully sawing off the "wrong-glued" parts and making a special MPC for dummies (me) to replace the two parts I messed up. Put me behind a couple days.

Oh...this unfortunate event ;) made me decide to create an assembly diagram to include in the PDF instructions. The project is not hard to assemble, and anyone (except me apparently) could put it together correctly just by paying attention...but, leaving nothing to chance, I'm including the assembly drawing anyway!

It happens to the best of us...been there done that...

tedis
03-04-2014, 07:22 PM
I've been learning recently that I always need to use more clamps than I think. When I think it's good enough - it isn't. I've had to recarve a few things because of this.

mikemi
03-04-2014, 07:36 PM

I had something similar happen to me a couple of days ago. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to same the project. Luckily it wasn't to hard to recarve.
Mikemi

mtylerfl
03-05-2014, 07:41 AM
I used to brag that I never had to do a re-do of any project...they all came out right the first time. Hope I learned my lesson to keep my mouth shut!;)
BTW, the first stage of the finish is drying at this moment! One more finishing stage to go. Instructions almost done, too (final photos need to be taken).

liquidguitars
03-05-2014, 11:15 AM
I used to brag that I never had to do a re-do of any project... I remember you telling me that one day...

mtylerfl
03-05-2014, 12:16 PM
I remember you telling me that one day...

Yep...I recall that! Oh well, at least my "so-far" one and only do-over didn't have anything to do with the machine. :)

cestout
03-05-2014, 07:20 PM
been there - done that (too many times) and misspelling noticed on a finished project
Clint

swaggerstick
03-26-2014, 04:13 PM
I don't mess up. I just change in the middle of a project and decide to make "kinlin".