PDA

View Full Version : Designer sends error message and shuts down.

Woodpecker
02-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Designer sends error message and shuts down.
Is any one other than me experiencing this along with the Z Axis Stall Error code 246 press stop? I can't seem to find any reference material and am waiting for a call from engineering. I know they are in a meeting today. Perhaps the meeting will provide some solutions. I just downloaded the new version 1.115. This machine has 50 minutes on it and this happens. I am anxious to get carving! Lets get Bart to stay up all night and fix it! :lol: :P I don't want to try brute force, you can get me off of this computer and in the garage carving if my carver will just get carving.
YEAH!

vidtery
02-21-2007, 06:52 PM
Woodpecker...

Stalls are very common problems with this machine. Y-Axis stall error 236 and Z-axis stall error 246 seem to be a recurrent theme. They both have to do with the homing sensors on the carving bit head not being able to accurately map the location of the 'truck'. It gets complicated, and beyond my complete understanding, but when the Z-flag on the carving bit head is slightly too high or slightly to low, or when the Y-flag on the left inside of the machine is just a tad off...or the software powering the sensors is not working quite right...the head stalls.

Mine is down right now with total Y-axis stall.

If the problem is software-related, look for relief soon. If it is a hardware issue, sorry to hear that!!!

By the way, to stay in good standing with the powers that be, the Carveright rep on this forum is THE BARD...not Bart.

Good luck getting this resolved. For the record, my machine ran seven minutes and thirty-one seconds before temporarily becoming a pricey paperweight.

Terry in Iowa