PDA

View Full Version : New Machine

atldal
02-27-2014, 01:58 PM
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a new machine today. I'm hoping when the new one gets here I can figure out the issue with the tracking of the old one so I will have the ability to run two at once. Can't wait to see what the new one will do.

dbemus
02-27-2014, 02:02 PM
Congratulations! I am sure you will be pleased. I have two machines and love to hear both running at the same time. They are in harmony. It's great to have a back up when you have a deadline.

cestout
02-28-2014, 01:37 PM
Having 2 is great. You can finish a project twice as fast, and your are not dead in the water if one breaks. Also, you can swap parts to prove trebles. But you need new bits twice as often.
Clint

lynnfrwd
02-28-2014, 01:42 PM
I have two machines and love to hear both running at the same time. They are in harmony.

These will be like a soprano and alto then. The pitch of the new machines are lower.

happy
04-03-2015, 07:23 AM
how much lower noise do the new motors have

loopster
07-19-2016, 08:00 AM
I bought a Carvewright unit from a lady. Her story was that she got it from a lady who did not use it and that it as still in the box brand new. She said she has had it for two years and used it once and basically, it was too hard fo her. After making the deal with her. I asked her about the software. She said I can download it from the site. So I said, "Ok" I will do that. I got down the road and looked over at the machine. I started to think. How does this thing hook up to a computer. I am thinking to myself. Well, no usb cord. So I need to pull over and check the unit. So I see one serial type connection in the back and no other. When I saw that I said oh no! Red Flag! So I called her and asked her about it. She acted like confused about what I was asking her. I said to her. You told me you used the machine once and you had to have connected it to a computer. She said I will look around for a cord. So I continue on my way. I get the number off the machine and call the company. they tell me that the memory card hooks to a module and that module then you connected it via usb into your computer. The guy said that serial port is only for them for troubleshooting purposes. So I call the lady back and asked her about the memory card cradle. She again acted like she did not know what I was talking about. I explained. She said send me a picture and I will look for it. There is another "RED FLAG". I said ok. I go home and look up the part and it is 100 dollars! For an old type PCMIA card. At the time I said to myself. Why the heck are they using this old technology? I mean taking a card in and out of a machine to run jobs is crazy. Why not a simple usb connection to your computer? Anyways that throws another "RED FLAG" at me. Like what in the world man! Now comes trying to register an account with Carvewright. It asked for a serial number on the registration. I put it in and it says it is registered to another person. Another "RED FLAG" for me to wear! On top of that. The software is 300 dollars! That's another "RED FLAG" to wear in my hat. Now I am pissed! I do not know what to do. The machine turns on and I was able to check that it homes. But I do not know if I will ever need that security code in the future that you put in when you first get the machine. I do not know if ever it is going to ask me for it. I contacted the lady by text. She is real slow about answering. Now I have a machine I can not even use. I mean ultimately I buy the card reader and say spend the money in buying the software. Is this thing even going to run with that? I worry about the initial security code. I do not know if you only use it once. Like to unlock the machine. :(

blhutchens
07-20-2016, 05:12 PM
I bought a Carvewright unit from a lady. Her story was that she got it from a lady who did not use it and that it as still in the box brand new. She said she has had it for two years and used it once and basically, it was too hard fo her. After making the deal with her. I asked her about the software. She said I can download it from the site. So I said, "Ok" I will do that. I got down the road and looked over at the machine. I started to think. How does this thing hook up to a computer. I am thinking to myself. Well, no usb cord. So I need to pull over and check the unit. So I see one serial type connection in the back and no other. When I saw that I said oh no! Red Flag! So I called her and asked her about it. She acted like confused about what I was asking her. I said to her. You told me you used the machine once and you had to have connected it to a computer. She said I will look around for a cord. So I continue on my way. I get the number off the machine and call the company. they tell me that the memory card hooks to a module and that module then you connected it via usb into your computer. The guy said that serial port is only for them for troubleshooting purposes. So I call the lady back and asked her about the memory card cradle. She again acted like she did not know what I was talking about. I explained. She said send me a picture and I will look for it. There is another "RED FLAG". I said ok. I go home and look up the part and it is 100 dollars! For an old type PCMIA card. At the time I said to myself. Why the heck are they using this old technology? I mean taking a card in and out of a machine to run jobs is crazy. Why not a simple usb connection to your computer? Anyways that throws another "RED FLAG" at me. Like what in the world man! Now comes trying to register an account with Carvewright. It asked for a serial number on the registration. I put it in and it says it is registered to another person. Another "RED FLAG" for me to wear! On top of that. The software is 300 dollars! That's another "RED FLAG" to wear in my hat. Now I am pissed! I do not know what to do. The machine turns on and I was able to check that it homes. But I do not know if I will ever need that security code in the future that you put in when you first get the machine. I do not know if ever it is going to ask me for it. I contacted the lady by text. She is real slow about answering. Now I have a machine I can not even use. I mean ultimately I buy the card reader and say spend the money in buying the software. Is this thing even going to run with that? I worry about the initial security code. I do not know if you only use it once. Like to unlock the machine. :(

It may help if you post your location. There may be someone close by willing to mentor you a bit. Help you get it set up an ease some of your worries. There is a version of the software you can download and use without purchasing the upgraded version. I would look in the forum for users near you. If you decide not to keep it you may be able to unload it to someone who has all the software and needs a second machine. depending on how much you paid you might even get your money back.

loopster
07-20-2016, 05:56 PM
It may help if you post your location. There may be someone close by willing to mentor you a bit. Help you get it set up an ease some of your worries. There is a version of the software you can download and use without purchasing the upgraded version. I would look in the forum for users near you. If you decide not to keep it you may be able to unload it to someone who has all the software and needs a second machine. depending on how much you paid you might even get your money back.

Come to find out after getting in touch with the company that the machine was reported stolen. I bought the machine off Craigslist.com. I went to the police station in the town that the individual lives in and have reported it. It is being investigated. Thanks for the reply.

normrichards
07-20-2016, 10:43 PM
First off if the carvewright turns on and homes and you can see text on the screen then the memory card is inserted in the machine. Even though it looks like a standard pcmcia card it has special programming so you can only use a carvewright card on a carvewright machine. So if the card is in the machine you may only need the card reader. You must provide a receipt to carvewright and they will cancel the registration from the other person and let you register it to yourself. Then there is free software called basic designer you can download and use. The machine has a learning curve and so you should go through the tutorials and read the manuals. The machine is set up so you don't have to have the computer in the shop which really is a better setup than having a direct connection.

fwharris
07-21-2016, 12:28 AM
Come to find out after getting in touch with the company that the machine was reported stolen. I bought the machine off Craigslist.com. I went to the police station in the town that the individual lives in and have reported it. It is being investigated. Thanks for the reply.

You should make sure that the police have CarveWright's contact number as they will have the original owners contact information. Sorry to hear you got a bad deal on the purchase and sure hope you can recover your money.

xchief807
07-21-2016, 07:39 AM
Post your location I'm sure someone will help you. People on this forum are great and help everyone. And I wouldn't turn the machine on again till you understand the whole thing. If you don't have the card installed you can screw up the machine.

loopster
07-21-2016, 08:57 AM
Remove Thread

lynnfrwd
07-21-2016, 09:38 AM
We are in talks with this customer, the police and the original owner. I believe we will be able to resolve this issue to everyone's satisfaction.

NOTE: If you plan to buy a used machine, please contact us with the machine serial number prior to purchase. It can help avoid these issues.

Proctorw
07-22-2016, 01:32 PM
I bought 2 used machines and prior to finalizing the purchase I did call Connie and she did verify who the "Original Owner was", when the machine was purchased etc. Everything worked out. Better to check before handing over the cash!