PDA

View Full Version : Starting a carving in the middle?

forqnc
02-21-2007, 10:01 AM
I’ve been follow Jeff-Birt and pkunk discussion here http://www.carvewright.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1786 regarding static and dust collection systems, especially when using a shop vac. Last night in my shop I had a carving for my first jewelry box going on a test piece (3 hour carving). At the same time I was sanding our cabinet doors using a 16/32 Jet belt sander, with my shop vac hooked up on top. I’ve been working away on the cabinets for almost 3 weeks, but last night I noticed I was getting a lot of static shocks. I’m assuming this could be due to the increase in temperature, and possibly humidity, last night, compared to the last couple of weeks. Anyway, I noticed with my carving after the first pattern (5 total) there was a large amount of dust build up, so I stopped it and shop vac’d it out, then restarted the next pattern. I then stopped the carving after each pattern to clean up and restarted. All went well until I stopped it after the 4th carving. I started to get shocked whilst cleaning out the CW, so I held one hand on the side of the machine as I cleaned. When I went to press enter to restart, the screen was blank, I turned off the CW then back on and the display came up OK. At this point it was late so I cleaned up and left the shop.
I do not think this was a power save function, since the time I took cleaning was less than the previous times. I’ll try the machine tonight and see if all is well.

But, after that long winded explanation, my question is:-
Is there a way to jog the CW to the last carving, or do I have to run the whole carving from the beginning?

pkunk
02-21-2007, 10:14 AM
There's 2 ways. 1 is to just start over, it will go through the motions but won't touch the wood until it gets to where it stopped. The other is to delete the parts that were carved from the card and jog to position. Much trickier. :) Them shop vacs will get ya. :D :D